writing programs for non Intel Processors

writing programs for non Intel Processors

pianoman-3
Hello, I would like to ask whether is it possible to use freepascal to write application for example for Motorola MPX220 (mobile phone) ( it runs windows 2003 mobile edition)
Pianoman

Re: writing programs for non Intel Processors

Bugzilla from daniel.mantione@freepascal.org

Op Wed, 16 May 2007, schreef Pianoman:

>  Hello, I would like to ask whether is it possible to use freepascal to
>  write application for example for Motorola MPX220 (mobile phone) ( it
>  runs windows 2003 mobile edition)

There is a good chance you can. Please try the Windows CE port and see if
the programs work on your phone.

Daniël

Re: writing programs for non Intel Processors

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Link to the wince port tutorial: http://wiki.freepascal.org/WinCE_port

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Re: writing programs for non Intel Processors

Christian Ulrich
Yes, you can i have an mpx220 and have tryed this already.
Only the LCL is not completely useable couse some canvas routines Crash
on Wince < 5.0

regards
Christian

Pianoman schrieb:
> Hello, I would like to ask whether is it possible to use freepascal to
> write application for example for Motorola MPX220 (mobile phone) ( it
> runs windows 2003 mobile edition)
> Pianoman

Re: writing programs for non Intel Processors

Matt Emson
"The Motorola MPx220 runs a 200-MHz Texas Instruments OMAP 1611 processor", which is a a 32bit "ARM v5" with a " ARM926EJ-S" core.

It runs Windows 2003 Smartphone though, so I'm guessing the answer is a little more tricky - probably no.

On 5/17/07, Matt Emson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It runs Windows 2003 Smartphone though, so I'm guessing the answer is a
> little more tricky - probably no.

Why no?

Windows 2003 Smartphone is still Windows CE. Microsoft just like to
give several wierd names for the different versions of Windows CE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_CE#Relationship_to_Windows_Mobile.2C_Pocket_PC.2C_and_SmartPhone

Further, the processor is ARM 5, which FPC supports AFAIK

So, we should have everything in place.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Re: writing programs for non Intel Processors

Matt Emson
> Why no?

Because Windows CE <> Win32. Smartphone more so. However, the word
"probably" conveyed my doubt that I had all the facts. There you go.

Re: writing programs for non Intel Processors

Florian Klämpfl
Matt Emson schrieb:
>> Why no?
>
> Because Windows CE <> Win32. Smartphone more so. However, the word
> "probably" conveyed my doubt that I had all the facts. There you go.

FPC supports and works on wince. I ran already lazarus applications on
my Smartphone which has the same processor iirc.