working with lldb

Is there a way to make LLDB able to read and display Pascal's string correctly? At least, ansi string. I'm now using this option '-glpsw3 -godwarfcpp'. Did I miss some options or something?

Thank you.

Regards,

–Mr Bee

Re: working with lldb

Ingemar Ragnemalm

Den 2018-05-05 kl. 12:00, skrev Mr Bee <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
> Is there a way to make LLDB able to read and display Pascal's string correctly? At least, ansi string. I'm now using this option '-glpsw3 -godwarfcpp'. Did I miss some options or something?
> Thank you.

In my experience, AnsiStrings will print with no problems. For example,
they print nicely with a command like "fr v" as well as "p". Short
strings are worse, they display as arrays or separate characters.

So what are you doing with them that goes wrong?

/Ingemar

Re: working with lldb

Free Pascal - General mailing list
Nothing fancy actually. I just want to watch some string variables while debugging, but LLDB just gives me like some kind of array with garbage values. Not useful at all.

I'm using FPC v.3.0.2 with VS Code and LLDB (as VS Code plugin) on Mac.

–Mr Bee