wiki.freepascal.org is down?

denisgolovan
Hi

I get empty pages when browsing http://wiki.freepascal.org/
Is it some bug or I am doing something wrong?

Denis Golovan

Re: wiki.freepascal.org is down?

dmitry boyarintsev
It's in maintenance mode now.
You can actually open a sub page.

Yet the main page seems to be affected.

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 9:42 AM denisgolovan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I get empty pages when browsing http://wiki.freepascal.org/
Is it some bug or I am doing something wrong?

Denis Golovan

Re: wiki.freepascal.org is down?

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR)
Hi,

On Wed, 5 Jun 2019, Dmitry Boyarintsev wrote:

> It's in maintenance mode now.You can actually open a sub page.
> I.e.: http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq
>
> Yet the main page seems to be affected.

Sorry guys, the filesystem on the machine got corrupted so we put it into
maintenance mode. The database seems intact (fingers crossed) and we have
some relatively recent backups... We're also migrating the lists and the
wiki off that machine in the short-run. I was just burried under office
work this week, and was much slower at this task then I hoped.

It should happen in the next days tho'. I will keep this list posted.

Charlie

Re: wiki.freepascal.org is down?

denisgolovan
Ok, thanks.

Denis Golovan

Re: wiki.freepascal.org is down?

On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 16:44:14 +0200 (CEST)
"Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 5 Jun 2019, Dmitry Boyarintsev wrote:
>
> > It's in maintenance mode now.You can actually open a sub page.
> > I.e.: http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq
> >
> > Yet the main page seems to be affected.
>
> Sorry guys, the filesystem on the machine got corrupted so we put it
> into maintenance mode. The database seems intact (fingers crossed)
> and we have some relatively recent backups... We're also migrating
> the lists and the wiki off that machine in the short-run. I was just
> burried under office work this week, and was much slower at this task
> then I hoped.
>
> It should happen in the next days tho'. I will keep this list posted.

Any updates?
The database is still locked.

On Mon, 10 Jun 2019, Mattias Gaertner via fpc-pascal wrote:

> > It should happen in the next days tho'. I will keep this list posted.
>
> Any updates?
> The database is still locked.

The wiki won't come up from the same machine in R/W mode again. I tried,
but it started throwing filesystem errors again. I already migrated the DB
elsewhere, now moving the rest of the files. Afterwards, the mailing lists
have to move too.

I'm working on it as we speak.

Charlie

Re: wiki.freepascal.org is down?

Jonas Maebe-3
On 10/06/2019 18:39, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:
> The wiki won't come up from the same machine in R/W mode again. I tried,
> but it started throwing filesystem errors again. I already migrated the DB
> elsewhere, now moving the rest of the files. Afterwards, the mailing lists
> have to move too.

The mailing list archive landing pages are also corrupted. E.g.
http://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-devel/ only shows the archive
from this month, although the ones from the previous months/years are
still accessible if you go to the pages directly (e.g.
ists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-devel/2018-January/thread.html).