what happened to the "contributed units" listing?

what happened to the "contributed units" listing?

Michal Wallace
The database of contributed pascal code seems to have disappeared:

    http://www.freepascal.org/contrib/db.php3

Anyone know where it went, or how to get it back? :)

Re: what happened to the "contributed units" listing?

Michalis Kamburelis-3
Michal Wallace wrote:
> The database of contributed pascal code seems to have disappeared:
>
> http://www.freepascal.org/contrib/db.php3
>
> Anyone know where it went, or how to get it back? :)

It's on http://www.freepascal.org/contrib/contribs.html now. But some
pages may still contain old links, see
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=23769 .

Michalis

Re: what happened to the "contributed units" listing?

leledumbo
Administrator
Bye2 PHP based list, welcome fpweb + ExtJS based list :)

Re: what happened to the "contributed units" listing?

José Mejuto
El 07/02/2013 2:27, Michalis Kamburelis escribió:

> It's on http://www.freepascal.org/contrib/contribs.html now. But some
> pages may still contain old links, see
> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=23769 .

Hello,

Please, add some kind of notification that the page (and maybe others)
need javascript enabled to be displayed. I thought that the page was
empty :(

Re: what happened to the "contributed units" listing?

Michael Van Canneyt

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, José Mejuto wrote:

> El 07/02/2013 2:27, Michalis Kamburelis escribió:
>
>> It's on http://www.freepascal.org/contrib/contribs.html now. But some
>> pages may still contain old links, see
>> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=23769 .
>
> Hello,
>
> Please, add some kind of notification that the page (and maybe others) need
> javascript enabled to be displayed. I thought that the page was empty :(
I didn't imagine there are still people who disable javascript in their browser...

These days, about the half of internet does not work without Javascript enabled
in the browser.

El 07/02/2013 13:50, Michael Van Canneyt escribió:

>>> It's on http://www.freepascal.org/contrib/contribs.html now. But some
>>> pages may still contain old links, see
>>> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=23769 .
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Please, add some kind of notification that the page (and maybe others)
>> need javascript enabled to be displayed. I thought that the page was
>> empty :(
> I didn't imagine there are still people who disable javascript in their
> browser...
> These days, about the half of internet does not work without Javascript
> enabled in the browser.

Hello,

Yes, and 80% of intrusive ads also do not work, javascript code
injection also does not work, pop-up, pop-under, autoredirects, and many
many nasty things do not work also.

My Javascript is selectivelly disabled, some trusted sites have
javascript enabled (as freepascal.com) but as the sript is located in
other server (cachefly.net) it was by default blocked.

A simple <noscript>Javascript disabled!</noscript> should be enought to
note that Javascript is needed.

Just a side note, I think that the links in the list should open in a
new browser tab by default, do not ?

Re: what happened to the "contributed units" listing?

Michael Van Canneyt

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Please, add some kind of notification that the page (and maybe others)
>>> need javascript enabled to be displayed. I thought that the page was
>>> empty :(
>> I didn't imagine there are still people who disable javascript in their
>> browser...
>> These days, about the half of internet does not work without Javascript
>> enabled in the browser.
>>

> Hello,
>
> Yes, and 80% of intrusive ads also do not work, javascript code injection
> also does not work, pop-up, pop-under, autoredirects, and many many nasty
> things do not work also.
>
> My Javascript is selectivelly disabled, some trusted sites have javascript
> enabled (as freepascal.com) but as the sript is located in other server
> (cachefly.net) it was by default blocked.
>
> A simple <noscript>Javascript disabled!</noscript> should be enought to note
> that Javascript is needed.
Will do.

> Just a side note, I think that the links in the list should open in a new
> browser tab by default, do not ?

Good suggestion, will do too.

Re: what happened to the "contributed units" listing?

Mark Morgan Lloyd-5
José Mejuto wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Please, add some kind of notification that the page (and maybe others)
>>> need javascript enabled to be displayed. I thought that the page was
>>> empty :(
>> I didn't imagine there are still people who disable javascript in their
>> browser...
>> These days, about the half of internet does not work without Javascript
>> enabled in the browser.
>>

> Hello,
>
> Yes, and 80% of intrusive ads also do not work, javascript code
> injection also does not work, pop-up, pop-under, autoredirects, and many
> many nasty things do not work also.
>
> My Javascript is selectivelly disabled, some trusted sites have
> javascript enabled (as freepascal.com) but as the sript is located in
> other server (cachefly.net) it was by default blocked.

Agreed.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

Re: what happened to the "contributed units" listing?

vfclists .
On 7 February 2013 12:50, Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, José Mejuto wrote:
>
>> El 07/02/2013 2:27, Michalis Kamburelis escribió:
>>
>>> It's on http://www.freepascal.org/contrib/contribs.html now. But some
>>> pages may still contain old links, see
>>> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=23769 .
>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Please, add some kind of notification that the page (and maybe others)
>> need javascript enabled to be displayed. I thought that the page was empty
>> :(
>

> I didn't imagine there are still people who disable javascript in their
> browser...
>
> These days, about the half of internet does not work without Javascript
> enabled in the browser.
>
> Michael.

I disable Javascript on all websites and selectively enable them, and
even them for the majority of the sites it is temporary.

--
Frank Church

On 7 February 2013 12:35, leledumbo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Bye2 PHP based list, welcome fpweb + ExtJS based list :)
>

> --

Do we get the chance to view the code used for FPC/Lazarus
infrastructure and learn from it and be able to update it?

I don't think web development coding in FPC/Lazarus will take off if
code samples are not freely available, especially if there are no
commercial confidentiality issues involved.

--
Frank Church

On 2013-02-07 13:00, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

>> A simple <noscript>Javascript disabled!</noscript> should be enought to note
>> that Javascript is needed.
>
> Will do.

There also seems to be a bug in sorting. Sort the first column (Name) in
ascending order, then the list appears as...

 RvRsaLib
 punk commander
 AES...
 ASP...
 Account
 Advanced...

1) The first two items don't start with 'A', yet appear at the top of
   the list
2) It seems upper case letters take preference (AS... before Ac...)

Re: what happened to the "contributed units" listing?

Jürgen Hestermann

Am 2013-02-07 13:56, schrieb José Mejuto:
> My Javascript is selectivelly disabled, some trusted sites have javascript enabled (as freepascal.com) but as the sript is located in other server (cachefly.net) it was by default blocked.

Yes, I have switched it off too (there are only a very few exceptions).
Even freepascal.org works fine for me without javascript.

Today active scripting on web pages is the most popular way to infect computers.
By switching it off I remove a root cause of infection.
And all pages which do not work without it are mostly crap anyway.
I don't need them.

Re: what happened to the "contributed units" listing?

wkitty42
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, José Mejuto wrote:
>> Please, add some kind of notification that the page (and maybe others) need
>> javascript enabled to be displayed. I thought that the page was empty :(
>
> I didn't imagine there are still people who disable javascript in their browser...

FWIW: i don't specifically disable it but it is blocked by my protections...
especially if it comes from a different domain than the page it on...

> These days, about the half of internet does not work without Javascript enabled
> in the browser.

good thing that no one visits that half of the internet ;) :P :mrgreen:

Re: what happened to the "contributed units" listing?

Florian Klaempfl
Am 07.02.2013 13:50, schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:

> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, José Mejuto wrote:
>
>> El 07/02/2013 2:27, Michalis Kamburelis escribió:
>>
>>> It's on http://www.freepascal.org/contrib/contribs.html now. But some
>>> pages may still contain old links, see
>>> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=23769 .
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Please, add some kind of notification that the page (and maybe others)
>> need javascript enabled to be displayed. I thought that the page was
>> empty :(
>
> I didn't imagine there are still people who disable javascript in their
> browser...

I've it also disabled by default.

> These days, about the half of internet does not work without Javascript
> enabled in the browser.

The important 0.0001% works ;)

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, Frank Church wrote:

> On 7 February 2013 12:35, leledumbo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Bye2 PHP based list, welcome fpweb + ExtJS based list :)
>>

>> --
>
> Do we get the chance to view the code used for FPC/Lazarus
> infrastructure and learn from it and be able to update it?
>
> I don't think web development coding in FPC/Lazarus will take off if
> code samples are not freely available, especially if there are no
> commercial confidentiality issues involved.

All FPC code is in the SVN repository.

On 7 February 2013 21:23, Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, Frank Church wrote:
>
>> On 7 February 2013 12:35, leledumbo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Bye2 PHP based list, welcome fpweb + ExtJS based list :)
>>>

>>> --
>>

>> Do we get the chance to view the code used for FPC/Lazarus
>> infrastructure and learn from it and be able to update it?
>>
>> I don't think web development coding in FPC/Lazarus will take off if
>> code samples are not freely available, especially if there are no
>> commercial confidentiality issues involved.
>

> All FPC code is in the SVN repository.

Are you referring to the code of all FPC/Lazarus web infrastructure
coded in FPC or the general FPC web examples?

> Michael.

Frank Church

Re: what happened to the "contributed units" listing?

Graeme Geldenhuys-3
On 2013-02-09 02:20, Frank Church wrote:

> Are you referring to the code of all FPC/Lazarus web infrastructure
> coded in FPC or the general FPC web examples?

As far as I know the "Free Pascal" project has a few SubVersion
repositories. eg: The main one for the compiler/rtl/fcl, another
repository for the Documentation. I also believe there are at least two
other repositories... one for the FPC release tools, and probably
another for Various tools (eg: like the website CGI apps, IRC bot etc).
I'm sure the freepascal.org -> Development link will give you more
information about all the SubVersion repositories.

On Sat, 9 Feb 2013, Frank Church wrote:

> On 7 February 2013 21:23, Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Do we get the chance to view the code used for FPC/Lazarus
>>> infrastructure and learn from it and be able to update it?
>>>
>>> I don't think web development coding in FPC/Lazarus will take off if
>>> code samples are not freely available, especially if there are no
>>> commercial confidentiality issues involved.
>>

>> All FPC code is in the SVN repository.
>>

> Are you referring to the code of all FPC/Lazarus web infrastructure
> coded in FPC or the general FPC web examples?

All available code is in subversion.
Examples, tools used by the FPC team. Also the website.

for example
   http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/html
contains the website material, including the contrib site, which is in
   http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/html/contrib

On 2013-02-09 09:29, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> for example
>    http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/html
> contains the website material, including the contrib site, which is in

Why can't one browser that repository with ViewCVS like all the other
repositories mentioned in the Development web page?

http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/?root=html

The direct link obviously works, but not via viewcvs. Not urgent, just
curious.

Re: what happened to the "contributed units" listing?

Sven Barth-2
On 09.02.2013 10:40, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 2013-02-09 09:29, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>
>> for example
>>     http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/html
>> contains the website material, including the contrib site, which is in
>

> Why can't one browser that repository with ViewCVS like all the other
> repositories mentioned in the Development web page?
>
> http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/?root=html
>

> The direct link obviously works, but not via viewcvs. Not urgent, just
> curious.

If you click at the "/" node in front of the repository (e.g. "[fpc]")
you see a list of all available repositories. The old version of viewcvs
had a combobox to select the repository, but that feature seems to have
been removed... (I had asked regarding this a few days back)