unit

europietis N
Why I can't to run unit - programa say: 'Illegal unit name' I try Fps 0.9.6 and 0.6.4 program versions.
thanks

Re: unit

Jonas Maebe-2

On 14 Mar 2008, at 21:30, europietis N wrote:

> Why I can't to run unit - programa say: 'Illegal unit name'

Make sure the unit name matches the file name that contains it.

> I try Fps 0.9.6and
> 0.6.4 program versions.

These are quite strange versions. FPC 0.6.4 was released somewhere in
1995 or even earlier. Please download the latest release from www.freepascal.org

Re: unit

> Why I can't to run unit - programa say: 'Illegal unit name' I try Fps
> 0.9.6and 0.6.4 program versions.

Units are not runnable, FPC versions before 1.0 are from the 1900s. Maybe
you mean the version of something else?

If on Linux, your source file must be either lowercase, or match the casing
in the source.

Re: unit

Tomas Hajny
On Sat, March 15, 2008 12:58, Marco van de Voort wrote:
>> Why I can't to run unit - programa say: 'Illegal unit name' I try Fps
>> 0.9.6and 0.6.4 program versions.
>
> Units are not runnable, FPC versions before 1.0 are from the 1900s. Maybe
> you mean the version of something else?
>
> If on Linux, your source file must be either lowercase, or match the
> casing
> in the source.

Isn't Fps one of the third party front-ends for fpc (with completely
independent versioning, of course)?

Tomas

Re: unit

Valdas Jankūnas
Tomas Hajny rašė:

> Isn't Fps one of the third party front-ends for fpc (with completely
> independent versioning, of course)?

Yes, "FPS is system consisting from graphical user interface and
integrated Free Pascal compiler."
(http://ims.mii.lt/fps/en/devel/index.html).

--
   Valdas Jankūnas