unit for PHostEnt definition

Andreas Klausmann

Hi,

after a whole night of unsuccessful googling I’m still wondering, which unit(s) I have to use to find a type definition of PHostEnt in linux. I need it for the gethostbyname function.

In Windows it’s defined in winsock and there should be an equivalent record in linux according to systems “man gethostbyname”.

Thanks!

Andreas

Working on fpc 2.6.4 (from ubuntu repository) on ubuntu (raspberry 2).

Re: unit for PHostEnt definition

leledumbo
Administrator
> after a whole night of unsuccessful googling I’m still wondering, which unit(s) I have to use to find a type definition of PHostEnt in linux. I need it for the gethostbyname function.
>
> In Windows it’s defined in winsock and there should be an equivalent record in linux according to systems “man gethostbyname”

netdb, both the function and the type definition are there.