unique / temp filename

I have managed to get a unique / temp filename under Windows and Linux
using IFDEF's.  Does FPC or Lazarus have a crossplatfrom function that
does this without the need for IFDEF's?

Re: unique / temp filename

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Re: unique / temp filename

Vinzent Höfler
On Wednesday 08 March 2006 14:33, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> I have managed to get a unique / temp filename under Windows and
> Linux using IFDEF's.  Does FPC or Lazarus have a crossplatfrom
> function that does this without the need for IFDEF's?

SysUtils.GetTempFileName?

Vinzent.

On 3/8/06, Vinzent Hoefler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I have managed to get a unique / temp filename under Windows and
> > Linux using IFDEF's.  Does FPC or Lazarus have a crossplatfrom
> > function that does this without the need for IFDEF's?
>
> SysUtils.GetTempFileName?

My bad, on the wiki there is only configuration file explanations
currently, but I guess this information should be added to that page.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho