tiOPF is looking for a new project maintainer

tiOPF is looking for a new project maintainer

Graeme Geldenhuys-6
Hello everybody,

I have really enjoyed working with tiOPF for 15+ years and have written
tons of database and non-database applications that used tiOPF. It was
also the project that introduced me to Design Patterns and Test Driven
Development, and I'll forever be grateful for that.

However, due to the decline in Delphi/Object Pascal popularity for paid
work (at least here in the UK), I've moved full time to another
programming language. With that, I feel it is time to hand over the
reins to someone else that still uses Delphi/Object Pascal on a daily
basis. So if you feel up to the challenge and don't want to see a great
project become abandon-ware, please let me know.

I'll keep running the support newsgroup - I have no intention in
stopping that. I'll also continue running the daily/hourly unit tests
for tiOPF as it is fully automated anyway. I'll also still be around to
answer questions, but will be moving away from maintenance and new
development work for tiOPF and tiOPF related utility applications.

So if you have any interest in keeping tiOPF alive, please contact me
here or in private.

ps:
  If I've done it correctly, all replies should go to the fpc-other
  mailing list.

Re: tiOPF is looking for a new project maintainer

Anthony Walter-3
Graeme,

What about fpGUI? Are you going to hand that project off as well?