someone using indy10 (tiburon)?

Henrik Genssen
Hi,

the indy people seem only to support/work on the Tuburon branch.
For me it works on windows. But I have no luck on MACOSX!
seems to be a problem with lib-iconv - but the only one on the
indy-mailing-list (Remy Lebeau) claims to have no FPC at all...

So my question is:
is there actually someone using INDY10 with FPC on other
platforms than windows? version of IINDY, FPC, OS?

If not - is there someone interested in it - or are the alternatives
suiting your needs? If so - what are you using?

I have been using indy9 on delphi for a long time and know
that it is a buggy thing. But I never found something more complete
(in the meaning of supporting protocols) and have fixed a lot and
done a lot of different projects using it.

-- Hinnack

Re: someone using indy10 (tiburon)?

princeriley
Hinnack --

Do you think the Indy team would welcome some assistance with the MacOS version of Indy 10. I am def ineterested in Indy 10
on MacOS (Snow Leopard)

Prince

In our previous episode, Henrik Genssen said:
> the indy people seem only to support/work on the Tuburon branch.
> For me it works on windows. But I have no luck on MACOSX!
> seems to be a problem with lib-iconv - but the only one on the
> indy-mailing-list (Remy Lebeau) claims to have no FPC at all...

Yes. It sounds like they first implemented Tiburon support, and then started
to port it. Now the iconv interface doesn't seem to match the windows
behaviour.

(they rely on an early knowledge on how big the converted string is going to
be to allocate it)

> So my question is:
> is there actually someone using INDY10 with FPC on other
> platforms than windows? version of IINDY, FPC, OS?

I have, but not the Tiburon branch. Lazarus designer packages are not in the
Tiburon branch either.

> If not - is there someone interested in it - or are the alternatives
> suiting your needs? If so - what are you using?

IMHO none, though you can use Synapse for selected issues. (the number of
protocols is slowly growing there).

But I'd rather spend time on fixing Indy. Problem is that it is not a
priority for me now.

> I have been using indy9 on delphi for a long time and know
> that it is a buggy thing. But I never found something more complete
> (in the meaning of supporting protocols) and have fixed a lot and
> done a lot of different projects using it.

Indy10 is way less buggy then indy9. Unfortunately it is simply less known,
tested and documented.

Re: someone using indy10 (tiburon)?

Jürgen Hestermann
> is there actually someone using INDY10 with FPC on other
> platforms than windows? version of IINDY, FPC, OS?
> If not - is there someone interested in it - or are the alternatives
> suiting your needs? If so - what are you using?

I use Ararat Synapse (http://ararat.cz/synapse/doku.php). Works fine so far.

RE: Re: someone using indy10 (tiburon)?

Henrik Genssen
Hi Prince,

yes I think help could be useful. If you are familiar with ICONV
and would like to help you can check out INDY10 at:
https://svn.atozed.com:444/svn/Indy10/branches/Tiburon

The public user acount has been renamed to "Indy-Public-RO" with no
password.

give it a simple try:

uses
   IdHTTP