simpleIPC strings

noreply
With simpleipc you can send a string.

I am wondering what type of string is safe to send?

i.e. what happens with utf8 or unicode?

Is it meant to send a regular string (like a pointer to char) and not
more complex strings? Both?

Because if a string is being sent across two different separate
processes (exe's) and possibly in different programming languages (when
I make simpleipc DLL) it will be handy to know what exact type of string
this communication is meant for: english characters, unicode,  utf8, all
of the above.

Re: simpleIPC strings

Michael Van Canneyt

On Mon, 8 May 2017, [hidden email] wrote:

> With simpleipc you can send a string.
>
> I am wondering what type of string is safe to send?
>
> i.e. what happens with utf8 or unicode?

If both sender and receiver use the same defaultsystemcodepage, it should
transfer fine.

> Is it meant to send a regular string (like a pointer to char) and not
> more complex strings? Both?
>
> Because if a string is being sent across two different separate
> processes (exe's) and possibly in different programming languages (when
> I make simpleipc DLL) it will be handy to know what exact type of string
> this communication is meant for: english characters, unicode,  utf8, all
> of the above.

Regard it as an array of bytes and you'll be fine.