sending Emails from within freepascal

Rudolf Harney
Hi,

We need a program, running under Linux and windows, that is able to send
Emails. With Linux I can call sendmail. Is there an easy way for sending
Emails from within freepascal under Windows, also?

Thank You,

Rudolf

Re: sending Emails from within freepascal

Marco van de Voort
> We need a program, running under Linux and windows, that is able to send
> Emails. With Linux I can call sendmail. Is there an easy way for sending
> Emails from within freepascal under Windows, also?

I've used ICS/win32 from www.overbyte.be. It compiled directly using
FPC/win32 1.9.8, and theer is a consmtp demo that sends a mail. All in
one exe, no external files needed.

Re: sending Emails from within freepascal

Vinzent Höfler
On Wednesday 25 May 2005 14:07, Rudolf Harney wrote:

> We need a program, running under Linux and windows, that is able to
> send Emails. With Linux I can call sendmail. Is there an easy way for
> sending Emails from within freepascal under Windows, also?

You can try Synapse (<URI:http://www.ararat.cz/synapse/>). I can't tell
about the SMTP module, but if it does as well as the HTTP module here
does on both Linux and Windows, it certainly rocks. ;-)

Vinzent.

--
public key: http://www.t-domaingrabbing.ch/publickey.asc

darwin -> linux

Artur Kornilowicz
Hi,

I work on PPC with Darwin.
I am trying to build binaries for Linux.
Calling

fpc -Tlinux a.pas

I get:

Free Pascal Compiler version 2.0.0 [2005/05/13] for powerpc
Copyright (c) 1993-2005 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for PowerPC
Compiling a.pas
Fatal: Can't find unit System
Error: Compilation aborted
Error: /usr/local/bin/ppcppc returned an error exitcode (normal if you did
not specifiy a source file to be compiled)

How can I fix it?

Regards
Artur

Re: darwin -> linux

Jonas Maebe

On 25 mei 2005, at 16:54, Artur Kornilowicz wrote:

> I work on PPC with Darwin.
> I am trying to build binaries for Linux.
> Calling
>
> fpc -Tlinux a.pas

The Mac OS X version does not include Linux units by default, so you
have to compile and install the compiled Linux RTL. For this, and also
to generate programs afterwards, you need a Darwin-to-Linux
cross-assembler and cross-linker (the Darwin assembler and linker
cannot generate Linux/ELF object files). You will probably have to
compile these yourself, at least a quick google search did not turn up
anything.

Re: darwin -> linux

Adriaan van Os-2
Jonas Maebe wrote:

> Artur Kornilowicz wrote:
>
>> I work on PPC with Darwin.
>> I am trying to build binaries for Linux.
>> Calling
>>
>> fpc -Tlinux a.pas
>
> The Mac OS X version does not include Linux units by default, so you
> have to compile and install the compiled Linux RTL. For this, and also
> to generate programs afterwards, you need a Darwin-to-Linux
> cross-assembler and cross-linker (the Darwin assembler and linker
> cannot generate Linux/ELF object files). You will probably have to
> compile these yourself, at least a quick google search did not turn up
> anything.

There is, check out
<http://www.opendarwin.org/pipermail/odcctools/2004-November/>.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os

Re: darwin -> linux

Jonas Maebe-2

On 25 mei 2005, at 17:30, Adriaan van Os wrote:

>> The Mac OS X version does not include Linux units by default, so you
>> have to compile and install the compiled Linux RTL. For this, and
>> also to generate programs afterwards, you need a Darwin-to-Linux
>> cross-assembler and cross-linker (the Darwin assembler and linker
>> cannot generate Linux/ELF object files). You will probably have to
>> compile these yourself, at least a quick google search did not turn
>> up anything.
>
> There is, check out
> <http://www.opendarwin.org/pipermail/odcctools/2004-November/>.

That's the other way round, this person wants to compile Linux binaries
under Darwin/Mac OS X.

Re: sending Emails from within freepascal

Lukas Gebauer
> You can try Synapse (<URI:http://www.ararat.cz/synapse/>). I can't tell
> about the SMTP module, but if it does as well as the HTTP module here does
> on both Linux and Windows, it certainly rocks. ;-)

Sure!

And simple mails can be sended by one function call. ;-) However when you
wish to use MIME encoded mails (include attachments, charset encoding,
etc.), then you can do it by Synapse too!

--
Lukas Gebauer.

E-mail: [hidden email]
WEB: http://www.ararat.cz/synapse - Synapse Delphi and Kylix TCP/IP
Library

Re: sending Emails from within freepascal

Jeff Miller
> We need a program, running under Linux and windows, that is able to send
> Emails. With Linux I can call sendmail. Is there an easy way for sending
> Emails from within freepascal under Windows, also?
You can call "blat", very much like calling sendmail.
Free version available at www.blat.net

Jeff