re-engineering tool

Marc Santhoff-2
Hi!

Since I'm confronted with the task of analyzing a pile of object pascal
sources I'd like to know:

Is there any tool that can help me?

Automatically generating a visual class diagram having uses and
aggregation of other classes would be very helpful.

Any hints?
TIA,
Marc

--
Marc Santhoff <[hidden email]>

Re: re-engineering tool

Marco van de Voort
In our previous episode, Marc Santhoff said:
> Since I'm confronted with the task of analyzing a pile of object pascal
> sources I'd like to know:
>
> Is there any tool that can help me?

I've used Peganza's pascal analyser in the past, for D7 code. I haven't
used it in a while though.

Re: re-engineering tool

Marc Santhoff-2
On Sat, 2018-01-06 at 18:01 +0100, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> In our previous episode, Marc Santhoff said:
> > Since I'm confronted with the task of analyzing a pile of object
> > pascal
> > sources I'd like to know:
> >
> > Is there any tool that can help me?
>
> I've used Peganza's pascal analyser in the past, for D7 code. I
> haven't
> used it in a while though.

I'll have a look at it, thanky you!

Marc

--
Marc Santhoff <[hidden email]>

Re: re-engineering tool

Marc Santhoff
On Mon, 2018-01-08 at 08:35 +0100, Marc Santhoff wrote:

> On Sat, 2018-01-06 at 18:01 +0100, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> > In our previous episode, Marc Santhoff said:
> > > Since I'm confronted with the task of analyzing a pile of object
> > > pascal
> > > sources I'd like to know:
> > >
> > > Is there any tool that can help me?
> >
> > I've used Peganza's pascal analyser in the past, for D7 code. I
> > haven't
> > used it in a while though.
>
> I'll have a look at it, thanky you!

There is a testing version and a free one.

So now lets see if it can handle "mode fpc" source...

--
Marc Santhoff <[hidden email]>

Re: re-engineering tool

Juha Manninen
On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Marc Santhoff <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Since I'm confronted with the task of analyzing a pile of object pascal
> sources I'd like to know:
>
> Is there any tool that can help me?
>
> Automatically generating a visual class diagram having uses and
> aggregation of other classes would be very helpful.

There is also a Lazarus port of Ess-Model called Laz-Model.
See:
 https://github.com/dicepd/Laz-Model
It is indeed a reverse-engineering class diagram tool.

Juha

Re: re-engineering tool

Mark Morgan Lloyd-5
On 08/01/18 13:30, Juha Manninen wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Marc Santhoff <[hidden email]> wrote:> Since I'm confronted with the task of analyzing a pile of object pascal> sources I'd like to know:>> Is there any tool that can help me?>> Automatically generating a visual class diagram having uses and> aggregation of other classes would be very helpful.
> There is also a Lazarus port of Ess-Model called Laz-Model.See: https://github.com/dicepd/Laz-ModelIt is indeed a reverse-engineering class diagram tool.

Mnagled URL warning :-)

https://github.com/dicepd/Laz-Model

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

Re: re-engineering tool

Marc Santhoff-2
On Mon, 2018-01-08 at 15:21 +0200, Juha Manninen wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Marc Santhoff <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Since I'm confronted with the task of analyzing a pile of object
> > pascal
> > sources I'd like to know:
> >
> > Is there any tool that can help me?
> >
> > Automatically generating a visual class diagram having uses and
> > aggregation of other classes would be very helpful.
>
> There is also a Lazarus port of Ess-Model called Laz-Model.
> See:
>  https://github.com/dicepd/Laz-Model
> It is indeed a reverse-engineering class diagram tool.

Beautiful, open source and fpc code aware. I think I'll try that one
first. :)

Many thanks,
Marc

--