png bitmap

Rainer Stratmann
Has someone experience with creating png bitmap files?
Is it easy or complicated?
I programmed a web server and wanted to serve diagrams also.

Re: png bitmap

Mattias Gaertner
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 02:00:59 +0100
Rainer Stratmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has someone experience with creating png bitmap files?
> Is it easy or complicated?
> I programmed a web server and wanted to serve diagrams also.

Something like this:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Developing_with_Graphics#Drawing_without_LCL>

?

Re: png bitmap

Rainer Stratmann
Am Sunday 28 February 2010 09:12:42 schrieb Mattias Gaertner:

> On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 02:00:59 +0100
>
> Rainer Stratmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Has someone experience with creating png bitmap files?
> > Is it easy or complicated?
> > I programmed a web server and wanted to serve diagrams also.
>
> Something like this:
>
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Developing_with_Graphics#Drawing_without
>_LCL>
Yes, that sounds good. Thank you!
Rainer
> ?
>
> Mattias

Re: png bitmap

Ingemar Ragnemalm
Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Rainer Stratmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >> Has someone experience with creating png bitmap files?
> >> Is it easy or complicated?
> >> I programmed a web server and wanted to serve diagrams also.
>

>Something like this:
>
>http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Developing_with_Graphics#Drawing_without_LCL>
>
>?
>
>Mattias

Looks nice, but it doesn't link on my Mac. I get a bunch of link errors all prefixed _FT_. FreeType? (Irrelevant for the PNGs though.)

/Ingemar

Re: png bitmap

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Ingemar Ragnemalm <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Looks nice, but it doesn't link on my Mac. I get a bunch of link errors all
> prefixed _FT_. FreeType? (Irrelevant for the PNGs though.)

Just delete the ftfont unit and all references to fonts. Obviously you
won't be able to draw fonts then.

With Lazarus you can use TPortableNetworkGraphics which works just
like TBitmap but for PNGs

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Re: png bitmap

Mattias Gaertner
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 16:42:53 -0300
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Ingemar Ragnemalm <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Looks nice, but it doesn't link on my Mac. I get a bunch of link errors all
> > prefixed _FT_. FreeType? (Irrelevant for the PNGs though.)
>
> Just delete the ftfont unit and all references to fonts. Obviously you
> won't be able to draw fonts then.
>
> With Lazarus you can use TPortableNetworkGraphics which works just
> like TBitmap but for PNGs

He asked about a webserver.

There is a freetype font library for Mac too, but you have to install
it manually. I didn't tried it yet.