pas2js mailing list

Mattias Gaertner
Hi,

There is now a public mailing list for pas2js. You can subscribe here:

Re: pas2js mailing list

ABorka
OK,  WTH am I supposed to enter into the anti-abuse field?
I tried a few dozen variations of everything and nothing is accepted.

I might be too old and senile :)  can we get some small explanation there?

AB

PS: BTW, Great work guys on pas2js

On 01/15/2018 07:42 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is now a public mailing list for pas2js. You can subscribe here:

> Mattias

Re: pas2js mailing list

Zaaphod
Technically the anti-abuse field would produce the output of:  Fatal Syntax error, ";" expected but "identifier WRITELN" found
because there is no semicolon following the sample code.  :D    I guess maybe it's after an if statement and before an else so it doesn't need a semicolon?

Silliness aside....

Writeln ('String1'+'String2');  merges the strings together and will output:  String1String2, it makes more sense if some strings are in variables, like Writeln(prefixstring+'string here'+suffixstring);
So given writeln('ab'+'CD'); you would get output of:  abCD

Jim

OK,  WTH am I supposed to enter into the anti-abuse field?
I tried a few dozen variations of everything and nothing is accepted.

I might be too old and senile :)  can we get some small explanation there?

AB

PS: BTW, Great work guys on pas2js

On 01/15/2018 07:42 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is now a public mailing list for pas2js. You can subscribe here:

> Mattias
AB

Re: pas2js mailing list

AB
I still can not enter anything there that is accepted.
For example: Writeln('def'+'@abc.com');
gives an error. No matter what I enter there it just gives an error
"Anti-abuse result is wrong.". Small letters, capital letters,
semicolon, simple letters, all variations of the above, does not matter.

AB

On 01/16/2018 12:52 PM, James Richters wrote:

> Technically the anti-abuse field would produce the output of:  Fatal Syntax error, ";" expected but "identifier WRITELN" found
> because there is no semicolon following the sample code.  :D    I guess maybe it's after an if statement and before an else so it doesn't need a semicolon?
>
> Silliness aside....
>
> Writeln ('String1'+'String2');  merges the strings together and will output:  String1String2, it makes more sense if some strings are in variables, like Writeln(prefixstring+'string here'+suffixstring);
> So given writeln('ab'+'CD'); you would get output of:  abCD
>
> Jim

Re: pas2js mailing list

Michael Van Canneyt

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018, AB wrote:

> I still can not enter anything there that is accepted.
> For example: Writeln('def'+'@abc.com');
> gives an error. No matter what I enter there it just gives an error
> "Anti-abuse result is wrong.". Small letters, capital letters,
> semicolon, simple letters, all variations of the above, does not matter.

The anti-abuse line is a question to which you must answer.
You must not enter a new expression, you must enter the result of the writeln statement that you see there.
in my case that was abCD

The anti abuse is supposed to be a simple measure against spam bots
subscribing a lot of email addresses automatically.

Michael.

> AB
>
> On 01/16/2018 12:52 PM, James Richters wrote:
>> Technically the anti-abuse field would produce the output of:  Fatal Syntax
> error, ";" expected but "identifier WRITELN" found
>> because there is no semicolon following the sample code.  :D    I guess
> maybe it's after an if statement and before an else so it doesn't need a
> semicolon?
>>
>> Silliness aside....
>>
>> Writeln ('String1'+'String2');  merges the strings together and will
> output:  String1String2, it makes more sense if some strings are in
> variables, like Writeln(prefixstring+'string here'+suffixstring);
>> So given writeln('ab'+'CD'); you would get output of:  abCD
>>
>> Jim

Re: pas2js mailing list

Zaaphod
I think you are overcomplicating it,  the answer is always:    abCD    for everyone... quite literally, just put in:

abCD

it will not accpt anything but abCD  make sure lowercase ab and uppercase CD
it's not a trick question, it's just a way of keeping bots from auto registering.    If it won't accept abCD then try another browser perhaps.

Jim

I still can not enter anything there that is accepted.
For example: Writeln('def'+'@abc.com');
gives an error. No matter what I enter there it just gives an error "Anti-abuse result is wrong.". Small letters, capital letters, semicolon, simple letters, all variations of the above, does not matter.

AB

On 01/16/2018 12:52 PM, James Richters wrote:

> Technically the anti-abuse field would produce the output of:  Fatal Syntax error, ";" expected but "identifier WRITELN" found
> because there is no semicolon following the sample code.  :D    I guess maybe it's after an if statement and before an else so it doesn't need a semicolon?
>
> Silliness aside....
>
> Writeln ('String1'+'String2');  merges the strings together and will
> output:  String1String2, it makes more sense if some strings are in
> variables, like Writeln(prefixstring+'string here'+suffixstring); So
> given writeln('ab'+'CD'); you would get output of:  abCD
>
> Jim

Re: pas2js mailing list

ABorka
Ahh, ok,  I see now.
Can we change the field caption to "Security question: What would be the
result of writeln(...)" then please, so even idiots like me can
understand what is expected in there? :)

AB