national support

Friš Martin Mgr

I give additional details. I write programs for mathematical linguistics. Especially program for frequency dictionary of chosen text. I write text to the editor. The text is in Czech. It displays correctly in editor window , i.e. with diacritics. Then follows transformation into words. In program for frequency diactionary, which contains binary search I have usual read and write statements. When I send the result to the printer with write it is displayed incorrectly on the print output – the diacritics. I am working under Windows |X|P.

    What other details should I give for somebody to give me advice.

   Martin Fris

Re: national support

Michael Van Canneyt

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Friš Martin Mgr wrote:

> I give additional details. I write programs for mathematical linguistics.
> Especially program for frequency dictionary of chosen text.
> I write text to the editor. The text is in Czech. It displays correctly in editor window ,
> i.e. with diacritics. Then follows transformation into words. In program for frequency
> diactionary, which contains binary search I have usual read and write statements.
> When I send the result to the printer with write it is displayed incorrectly on the
> print output - the diacritics. I am working under Windows |X|P.

You cannot do that; The screen is in codepage 1250 (or 1251), but the codepage of the
printer is most likely 850 or so (whatever plain ascii is). What you can try to do is
to use the windows  AnsiToOEMChar routine to convert the windows codepage to something
that the printer understands.

Re: national support

Tomas Hajny
Fria Martin Mgr wrote:

> I give additional details. I write programs for mathematical linguistics.
> Especially program for frequency dictionary of chosen text. I write text
> to the editor. The text is in Czech. It displays correctly in editor
> window , i.e. with diacritics. Then follows transformation into words. In
> program for frequency diactionary, which contains binary search I have
> usual read and write statements. When I send the result to the printer
> with write it is displayed incorrectly on the print output - the
> diacritics. I am working under Windows |X|P.
>
>     What other details should I give for somebody to give me advice.

I guess this might be enough for somebody to try - I personally have
absolutely no idea what kind of charset is used/expected when printing via
Write(Ln) to Lst under Windows, but this shouldn't be difficult to check?
Do I understand it correctly that the screen output is OK now (as opposed
to your original post)?

Tomas

Re: national support

Dariusz Mazur
Friš Martin Mgr napisał(a):

> I give additional details. I write programs for mathematical
> linguistics. Especially program for frequency dictionary of chosen
> text. I write text to the editor. The text is in Czech. It displays
> correctly in editor window , i.e. with diacritics. Then follows
> transformation into words. In program for frequency diactionary, which
> contains binary search I have usual read and write statements. When I
> send the result to the printer with write it is displayed incorrectly
> on the print output – the diacritics. I am working under Windows |X|P.
>
> What other details should I give for somebody to give me advice.
>
> Martin Fris

Hi
Printing diactrics not depend on FPC only on system and choose code page
of You.
You can write on printer with the same like on screen. Printer has the
same canvas. But when You choose font You have to change code page. to
1250. You can print also in text mode, but then You have to change code
page manual (its depend on printer). Some times You have to convert text
form one code page to another (f.e from 8859-2 to 1250 or UTF-8)
Send which method You need, and sample code.

Darek

Re: national support

Tomas Hajny
On 26 Jul 06, at 9:38, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Friš Martin Mgr wrote:
>
> > I give additional details. I write programs for mathematical linguistics.
> > Especially program for frequency dictionary of chosen text.
> > I write text to the editor. The text is in Czech. It displays correctly in editor window ,
> > i.e. with diacritics. Then follows transformation into words. In program for frequency
> > diactionary, which contains binary search I have usual read and write statements.
> > When I send the result to the printer with write it is displayed incorrectly on the
> > print output - the diacritics. I am working under Windows |X|P.
>
> You cannot do that; The screen is in codepage 1250 (or 1251), but the codepage of the
> printer is most likely 850 or so (whatever plain ascii is). What you can try to do is
> to use the windows  AnsiToOEMChar routine to convert the windows codepage to something
> that the printer understands.

"Something that the printer understands" is the
important part. It might be that it doesn't
support the characters with diacritics by default
and that you need to switch to another character
set using some control code first (where the
control code would be most likely specific to the
particular printer or at least "category")...

Tomas