mobile application

duilio foschi-2
Hi All,

I need to identify a reliable portable device that I can program in FPC-Pascal.

This device could be a smartphone or whatever you suggest.

Cost is one element to keep in mind.

After the test period, we plan to buy about 50 devices.

I am an old Delphi programmer and mobile is new stuff for me.

To give you an idea, my cell phone is a $30 Nokia... :)

The idea is to write a simple application to be used by foremen in the local harbour.

At the end of every shift, foremen will write down the yields of every team, premium hours or extra hours, replacements of absent dock workers, etc.

This data needs to be transmitted to the main 500,000 lines application, which is written in Delphi.

No long range transmission is needed.

Data could be exported by a USB cable into the office PC at the end of the shift.

If long range / real time transmission is possible, that would be an added value.

Any suggestion welcome.

Thank you

Duilio

Re: mobile application

leledumbo
Administrator
Your nokia should be fine, you can create simple J2ME application for your needs. I don't think we have J2ME classes ported yet (CMIIW), so in the mean time using something like MIDletPascal should be OK.

Re: mobile application

Carsten Bager
HI
I use this unit together with Lazarus/FPC.
I write and test my programs on a normal PC, and then recompile to WinCE.

http://www.cilico.us/product/handheld-pda.html

Carsten

> Hi All,
>
> I need to identify a reliable portable device that I can program in FPC-Pascal.
>
> This device could be a smartphone or whatever you suggest.
>
> Cost is one element to keep in mind.
>
> After the test period, we plan to buy about 50 devices.
>
> I am an old Delphi programmer and mobile is new stuff for me.
>
> To give you an idea, my cell phone is a $30 Nokia... :)
>
> The idea is to write a simple application to be used by foremen in the local harbour.
>
> At the end of every shift, foremen will write down the yields of every team, premium hours or
> extra hours, replacements of absent dock workers, etc.
>
> This data needs to be transmitted to the main 500,000 lines application, which is written in
> Delphi.
>
> No long range transmission is needed.
>
> Data could be exported by a USB cable into the office PC at the end of the shift.
>
> If long range / real time transmission is possible, that would be an added value.
>
> Any suggestion welcome.
>
> Thank you
>
> Duilio
>

>                                                                        Denne mail er blevet scannet for virus af TDC Mailfilter.

Re: mobile application

If your devices are Embedded Linux/ARM or WinCE, you can use fpGUI
Toolkit. If you use Nokia, Android, Win7, then you need to look at other
solutions.

Re: mobile application

Carsten Bager
On my Nokia phone I use