memory map

pianoman-3
        Hi, how can i save some memory area to file bypassing the windows memory protection. For example I would like to see first four mb of my RAM and make a memory image on disk for contents analysis.
How can I access certain address of memory which do not belong to my process?
Pianoman

Re: memory map

Michael Van Canneyt

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Pianoman wrote:

>         Hi, how can i save some memory area to file bypassing the windows memory protection. For example I would like to see first four mb of my RAM and make a memory image on disk for contents analysis.
> How can I access certain address of memory which do not belong to my process?

There is no way I know of.

Re: memory map

Alexey Pavluchenko
Hello Pianoman,

P> Hi, how can i save some memory area to file bypassing the windows
P> memory protection. For example I would like to see first four mb of
P> my RAM and make a memory image on disk for contents analysis. How
P> can I access certain address of memory which do not belong to my
P> process? Pianoman

Generally speaking you need a kernel-mode device driver to do this.
There is a freely available example of such driver for Windows NT,
called directnt (ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/ctsi/directnt.zip).

I guess under Win9x it also can be done from a DOS VM running in
protected mode (via DPMI calls), not sure if it will work on WinNT
though.

--
Best regards,
 Alexey