line numbers in valgrind output ?

Dominique Leducq-2
I can't figure out how to get source code filename & line numbers in Valgrind output. What is the correct flags association ?

I tried -gv, -gv -g, -gv -gw, -gv -gl,...

I'm using Valgrind 3.2.0 in Debian Etch GNU/linux for x86_64, Fpc 2.4.0

Dominique Leducq

Re: line numbers in valgrind output ?

Peter Vreman
> I can't figure out how to get source code filename & line numbers in
> Valgrind output. What is the correct flags association ?
>
> I tried -gv, -gv -g, -gv -gw, -gv -gl,...
>
> I'm using Valgrind 3.2.0 in Debian Etch GNU/linux for x86_64, Fpc 2.4.0

valgrind for x86_64 is not tested yet with fpc.

Le Jeudi 7 Septembre 2006 20:42, Peter Vreman a écrit :

> > I can't figure out how to get source code filename & line numbers in
> > Valgrind output. What is the correct flags association ?
> >
> > I tried -gv, -gv -g, -gv -gw, -gv -gl,...
> >
> > I'm using Valgrind 3.2.0 in Debian Etch GNU/linux for x86_64, Fpc 2.4.0
>
> valgrind for x86_64 is not tested yet with fpc.

Well, I can help with testing... Perhaps I could even help with adapt the
code, should someone guide me and point me to relevant doc and code.

Re: line numbers in valgrind output ?

Peter Vreman
> Le Jeudi 7 Septembre 2006 20:42, Peter Vreman a écrit :
>> > I can't figure out how to get source code filename & line numbers in
>> > Valgrind output. What is the correct flags association ?
>> >
>> > I tried -gv, -gv -g, -gv -gw, -gv -gl,...
>> >
>> > I'm using Valgrind 3.2.0 in Debian Etch GNU/linux for x86_64, Fpc
>> 2.4.0
>>
>> valgrind for x86_64 is not tested yet with fpc.
>
> Well, I can help with testing... Perhaps I could even help with adapt the
> code, should someone guide me and point me to relevant doc and code.

For 64bit systems we are only going to support the dwarf (-gw) debuginfo
format. Code for that is only available in 2.1.1 in the file dbgdwarf.pas.

Le Vendredi 8 Septembre 2006 12:06, Peter Vreman a écrit :

> >> 2.4.0
> >>
> >> valgrind for x86_64 is not tested yet with fpc.
> >
> > Well, I can help with testing... Perhaps I could even help with adapt the
> > code, should someone guide me and point me to relevant doc and code.
>
> For 64bit systems we are only going to support the dwarf (-gw) debuginfo
> format. Code for that is only available in 2.1.1 in the file dbgdwarf.pas.

As I understand it, it is not yet supported  at all ? Is there a way for me to
help ?

Re: line numbers in valgrind output ?

Florian Klaempfl
Leducq Dominique wrote:

>>> Well, I can help with testing... Perhaps I could even help with adapt the
>>> code, should someone guide me and point me to relevant doc and code.
>> For 64bit systems we are only going to support the dwarf (-gw) debuginfo
>> format. Code for that is only available in 2.1.1 in the file dbgdwarf.pas.
>>

> As I understand it, it is not yet supported  at all ? Is there a way for me to
> help ?

Test and help 2.1.1 fixing so we get 2.2.0 out soon. The dwarf support isn't
merged back to 2.0.4.

Re: line numbers in valgrind output ?

Peter Vreman

> > > Well, I can help with testing... Perhaps I could even help with adapt the
> > > code, should someone guide me and point me to relevant doc and code.
> >
> > For 64bit systems we are only going to support the dwarf (-gw) debuginfo
> > format. Code for that is only available in 2.1.1 in the file dbgdwarf.pas.
>
>As I understand it, it is not yet supported  at all ? Is there a way
>for me to
>help ?

Dwarf debuginfo is support in 2.1.1. But valgrind may have some
requirements what we need to implement in the debuginfo we generate.
This still needs to be investigated.

Peter