lax and Yacc

Alain Michaud
Hi,
  I have just one quick question in order to understand better:

Does FPC  use lex (or flex) and yacc ?

I just noticed that h2pas uses it and I was wondering if fpc works like
that too!

Thanks

Alain

Re: lax and Yacc

Florian Klaempfl
Alain Michaud wrote:
> Hi,
>   I have just one quick question in order to understand better:
>
> Does FPC  use lex (or flex) and yacc ?
>

> I just noticed that h2pas uses it and I was wondering if fpc works like
> that too!

No. Lex and yacc are too slow and too unflexible for production compilers.

Re: lax and Yacc

Peter Vreman
>   I have just one quick question in order to understand better:
>
> Does FPC  use lex (or flex) and yacc ?

No

Re: lax and Yacc

Adriaan van Os-2
Florian Klaempfl wrote:

> Alain Michaud wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   I have just one quick question in order to understand better:
>>
>> Does FPC  use lex (or flex) and yacc ?
>>

>> I just noticed that h2pas uses it and I was wondering if fpc works
>> like
>> that too!
>
> No. Lex and yacc are too slow and too unflexible for production
> compilers.

Even gcc C++ and C have moved to a handwritten parser recently.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os