is planned next 2.0.x release?

Lukas Gebauer
Hi,

is planned some next 2.0.x release?

I am adopting my Synapse library for unix based targets, and I found lot
of problems with current FPC version 2.0.2. (like lot of bugs in netdb,
sockets unit not have constant definitions for each targets, etc.)

All this problems seems to be fixed in 2.0.x snapshots. But I need to be
compatible with some FPC release... ;-( This is reason why I asking for
next release of FPC. Is chance to release next 2.0.x version soon, or you
are waiting for 2.1.x version?

Thank you.

--
Lukas Gebauer.

E-mail: [hidden email]
WEB: http://www.ararat.cz/synapse - Synapse Delphi and Kylix TCP/IP
Library

Re: is planned next 2.0.x release?

Michael Van Canneyt

On Wed, 17 May 2006, Lukas Gebauer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is planned some next 2.0.x release?
>
> I am adopting my Synapse library for unix based targets, and I found lot
> of problems with current FPC version 2.0.2. (like lot of bugs in netdb,
> sockets unit not have constant definitions for each targets, etc.)
>
> All this problems seems to be fixed in 2.0.x snapshots. But I need to be
> compatible with some FPC release... ;-( This is reason why I asking for
> next release of FPC. Is chance to release next 2.0.x version soon, or you
> are waiting for 2.1.x version?

Nothing is currently planned, but I'll bring up the matter in the FPC
devel group.

AW: is planned next 2.0.x release?

Helmut Hartl

I would like to express my wish :-) for a new 2.0.x release too.
We have also (minor) Problems (Dataset / Timestamp problems) with 2.0.2 and we would need a new "stable" release for a new stable ZEOS Database Release for Lazarus FPC.
(ZEOS works currently rather stable with the 2.0.3 Snapshots and
MySQL5, PostgreSQL 8.1, Firebird and others)

Greets,

helmut hartl

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: [hidden email] [mailto:fpc-pascal-
> [hidden email]] Im Auftrag von Michael Van Canneyt
> Bereitgestellt: Mittwoch, 17. Mai 2006 23:34
> Bereitgestellt in: fpc
> Unterhaltung: [fpc-pascal] is planned next 2.0.x release?
> Betreff: Re: [fpc-pascal] is planned next 2.0.x release?
>

> On Wed, 17 May 2006, Lukas Gebauer wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > is planned some next 2.0.x release?
> >
> > I am adopting my Synapse library for unix based targets, and I found lot
> > of problems with current FPC version 2.0.2. (like lot of bugs in netdb,
> > sockets unit not have constant definitions for each targets, etc.)
> >
> > All this problems seems to be fixed in 2.0.x snapshots. But I need to be
> > compatible with some FPC release... ;-( This is reason why I asking for
> > next release of FPC. Is chance to release next 2.0.x version soon, or
> you
> > are waiting for 2.1.x version?
>
> Nothing is currently planned, but I'll bring up the matter in the FPC
> devel group.
>
> Michael.

Re: is planned next 2.0.x release?

Martin Schreiber
On Wednesday 17 May 2006 23.34, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Wed, 17 May 2006, Lukas Gebauer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is planned some next 2.0.x release?
> >
> > I am adopting my Synapse library for unix based targets, and I found lot
> > of problems with current FPC version 2.0.2. (like lot of bugs in netdb,
> > sockets unit not have constant definitions for each targets, etc.)
> >
> > All this problems seems to be fixed in 2.0.x snapshots. But I need to be
> > compatible with some FPC release... ;-( This is reason why I asking for
> > next release of FPC. Is chance to release next 2.0.x version soon, or you
> > are waiting for 2.1.x version?
>
> Nothing is currently planned, but I'll bring up the matter in the FPC
> devel group.

Same for MSEide+MSEgui.
In the current state of 2.0.3 it must be patched because of bugs 5030,5039 and
the many bugs in fcl/db and most the time I must use -B to compile because of
various internal errors, compiler crashes and memory overloads (issue 5050
for example).

Martin

Re: is planned next 2.0.x release?

Vincent Snijders
Martin Schreiber wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 May 2006 23.34, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 17 May 2006, Lukas Gebauer wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>is planned some next 2.0.x release?
>>>
>>>I am adopting my Synapse library for unix based targets, and I found lot
>>>of problems with current FPC version 2.0.2. (like lot of bugs in netdb,
>>>sockets unit not have constant definitions for each targets, etc.)
>>>
>>>All this problems seems to be fixed in 2.0.x snapshots. But I need to be
>>>compatible with some FPC release... ;-( This is reason why I asking for
>>>next release of FPC. Is chance to release next 2.0.x version soon, or you
>>>are waiting for 2.1.x version?
>>
>>Nothing is currently planned, but I'll bring up the matter in the FPC
>>devel group.
>>

> Same for MSEide+MSEgui.
> In the current state of 2.0.3 it must be patched because of bugs 5030,5039 and
> the many bugs in fcl/db and most the time I must use -B to compile because of
> various internal errors, compiler crashes and memory overloads (issue 5050
> for example).

If I understood you both correctly, then it is not the same:

Lucas says (more or less): fpc 2.0.3 fixes several issues in fpc 2.0.2,
release it as fpc 2.0.4.
Martin says: Please, don't release 2.0.4 yet, it is not good enough for
MSEide+MSEgui.

Correct?

Vincent.

Re: is planned next 2.0.x release?

Lukas Gebauer
> If I understood you both correctly, then it is not the same:
>
> Lucas says (more or less): fpc 2.0.3 fixes several issues in fpc
> 2.0.2, release it as fpc 2.0.4. Martin says: Please, don't release
> 2.0.4 yet, it is not good enough for MSEide+MSEgui.
>
> Correct?

Exactly.

--
Lukas Gebauer.

E-mail: [hidden email]
http://www.ararat.cz/synapse/ - Ararat Synapse - TCP/IP Lib.

On Thursday 18 May 2006 07.32, Vincent Snijders wrote:

> If I understood you both correctly, then it is not the same:
>
> Lucas says (more or less): fpc 2.0.3 fixes several issues in fpc 2.0.2,
> release it as fpc 2.0.4.
> Martin says: Please, don't release 2.0.4 yet, it is not good enough for
> MSEide+MSEgui.
>
> Correct?

Exactly.

Martin
fpc

AW: is planned next 2.0.x release?

fpc

I would like to express my wish for a new 2.0.x release too. :-)
We have also (minor) Problems (Dataset / Timestamp problems) with 2.0.2 and we would need a new "stable" release for a new stable
ZEOS Database Tools Release for Lazarus FPC.