internal error 200306184

Wolfram Kläger
I am trying to freepascalize Dieter Köhler´s Open XML for Delphi, see http://www.philo.de/xml/. So far, I managed to flat all FPC errors, warnings, and hints. But when I call the unit from another, FPC throws an internal error 200306184, and that´s it.

How can I proceed to find out more? What is the error nr. telling me?

If I missed any f*** manual on this issue, my apologize in advance.

Re: internal error 200306184

Wolfram Kläger
After some trials and errors, I found that some $DEFINE clauses caused the error. After cleaning up these clauses, all units together are compiled as usual. If somebody is interested in exact details , I´ll deliver.

Wolfram

Re: internal error 200306184

Micha Nelissen
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 22:32:02 +0100
Wolfram Kläger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> After some trials and errors, I found that some $DEFINE clauses caused the error. After cleaning up these clauses, all units together are compiled as usual. If somebody is interested in exact details , I´ll deliver.

If you can reproduce in a small unit (or two I guess), then make a bug
report.

Micha

Re: internal error 200306184

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
On 1/15/06, Wolfram Kläger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> After some trials and errors, I found that some $DEFINE clauses caused the error. After cleaning up these clauses, all units together are compiled as usual. If somebody is interested in exact details , I´ll deliver.

Can you make it publicly available somewhere?

This can be very usefull.

A possible place for it is the Lazarus CCR. It would also be nice if
you could write a short wiki page about it =)

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> Can you make it publicly available somewhere? ...

When I got it up and running, sure. At the moment, I still have no idea how to get rid off this internal error.

Re: internal error 200306184

Wolfram Kläger

> Micha wrote:
>
> If you can reproduce in a small unit (or two I guess), then make a bug
> report.

Unfortunately, the main unit from Köhler is some 28.000 lines of code, calling additional nine utility units. Each single unit compiles, and the main unit including all others, as well. But, as soon as I only declare the main unit, FPC throws the internal error. For test purposes, I used a program with nothing but

program test;
uses main;

My first solution, cleaning up the $Define statements, did help once or twice. The same, when I changed the sequence of subunit calls.

Re: internal error 200306184

constantijnw
Wolfram Kläger wrote:

>I am trying to freepascalize Dieter Köhler´s Open XML for Delphi, see http://www.philo.de/xml/. So far, I managed to flat all FPC errors, warnings, and hints. But when I call the unit from another, FPC throws an internal error 200306184, and that´s it.

Can you tell if and when the first fruits of your hard labour become
available?

Constantijn

On 1/16/06, Wolfram Kläger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> My first solution, cleaning up the $Define statements, did help once or twice. The same, when I changed the sequence of subunit calls.

What compiler version did you use?

You could try with different compiler versions. There is: 2.0.0 ,
2.0.2 and the unstable 2.1

At 23.01.2006 18:35, Constantijn wrote:
>Can you tell if and when the first fruits of your hard labour become
>available?

Very first fruit is, that I managed to get rid of this internal error.
Meanwhile, the xdom unit including all utilities gets compiled without
errors. I´ll drop a line here, when Köhler´s examples run.

Wolfram

--
Wolfram Kläger

At 23.01.2006 18:44, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
>What compiler version did you use?

2.0.2 on XP. Compiling all units always (-B) helped.

Wolfram

--
Wolfram Kläger