ideU version 1.0.0.

fredvs
Hello.

I am happy to present ideU version 1.0.0.

ideU is a ide based on MSEide.

Multi languages, multi compilers (but fpc is the favorite ;-) ).

ideU is totally voice-assisted and integrate MSE and fpGUI designers.

=> https://github.com/fredvs/ideU

There are compiled binaries for Windows, Linux and FreeBSD here:

=> https://github.com/fredvs/ideU/releases

Have fun.

Fre;D
Many thanks ;-)

Re: ideU version 1.0.0.

Paul Breneman
Thanks for a simple IDE that a beginner can install.  I've already
posted a few links on my pages.

At the bottom of this page:
   http://www.controlpascal.com/tutorial.htm
it now leads here:
   http://turbocontrol.com/devoptions.htm
which has a link to ideU at the bottom.

The bottom of two pages doesn't sound very good but hopefully this will
improve.  Thanks again!  :)

Regards,
Paul
www.ControlPascal.com

Re: ideU version 1.0.0.

Martin Schreiber-2
On Thursday 24 December 2015 15:24:29 Paul Breneman wrote:

> Thanks for a simple IDE that a beginner can install.  I've already
> posted a few links on my pages.
>
> At the bottom of this page:
>    http://www.controlpascal.com/tutorial.htm
> it now leads here:
>    http://turbocontrol.com/devoptions.htm
> which has a link to ideU at the bottom.
>
> The bottom of two pages doesn't sound very good but hopefully this will
> improve.  Thanks again!  :)

Maybe you should list the original too? ;-)

Martin

Re: ideU version 1.0.0.

Paul Breneman
On 12/24/2015 11:06 AM, Martin Schreiber wrote:

> On Thursday 24 December 2015 15:24:29 Paul Breneman wrote:
>> Thanks for a simple IDE that a beginner can install.  I've already
>> posted a few links on my pages.
>>
>> At the bottom of this page:
>>     http://www.controlpascal.com/tutorial.htm
>> it now leads here:
>>     http://turbocontrol.com/devoptions.htm
>> which has a link to ideU at the bottom.
>>
>> The bottom of two pages doesn't sound very good but hopefully this will
>> improve.  Thanks again!  :)
>>
> Maybe you should list the original too? ;-)
>
> Martin

Yes I should, but the original is not as simple for a beginner to
install.  But thanks for the *original* as I appreciate all of these
options.  :)

I should also make a correction: The new IDE is powerful but simple to
install!

Re: ideU version 1.0.0.

fredvs
> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 09:24:29 -0500
> Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal] ideU version 1.0.0.
>
> Thanks for a simple IDE that a beginner can install. I've already
> posted a few links on my pages.

Many thanks ;-)

@ Martin, dont worry, MSEide is clearly mentioned, ideU is the son of MSEide...

Happy Xmas to everybody.

Fre;D

Many thanks ;-)

Re: ideU version 1.0.0.

Martin Schreiber-2
On Thursday 24 December 2015 16:58:16 Paul Breneman wrote:
> On 12/24/2015 11:06 AM, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> >
> > Maybe you should list the original too? ;-)
> >
> > Martin
>
> Yes I should, but the original is not as simple for a beginner to
> install.

???
Frome MSEide README.TXT:
"
1. Download and install FPC 3.0.0, you can get it from
   http://www.freepascal.org/download.var
2. Download mseide_msegui_src_4_0.zip and the mseide_* archive
   for your system.
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/mseide-msegui/4.0/
3. Extract them to a directory of your choice ('yourdirectory') .
4. Run 'yourdirectory/bin/mseide' on linux and freebsed or
   'yourdirectory\bin\mseide.exe' on windows.
5. In 'Settings'-'Configure MSEide'-'${MSEDIR}' select 'yourdirectory/msegui'.
6. In 'Project'-'Open' select 'yourdirectory/msegui/apps/demo/demo.prj'.
7. 'Target'-'Continue'.
"
where 6. and 7. already are steps to compile and run the demo application. Is
this really too difficult for people who like to develop software? ;-)

Martin

Re: ideU version 1.0.0.

codz
mseide is much simpler than ideU , but maybe because i spent much time on it ;-)

Re: ideU version 1.0.0.

fredvs
Hello.

Strange that you threat ideU like a rival.

ideU is the first voice-assisted ide (for blind people), but is simple to use for everybody too.

ideU is more universal, MSE is MSE-centred.

If you do not like fork from other, why did you do MSE open-source ?

And why complain so late, after all the contacts that we had ?

Fre;D

Many thanks ;-)

Re: ideU version 1.0.0.

Martin Schreiber-2
On Saturday 26 December 2015 10:55:02 fredvs wrote:

> And why complain so late, after all the contacts that we had ?

Ouh, you are sensitive. ;-)
Nobody complains!
Its only if I read that MSEide is difficult to install or something similar I
like to knew why because I always try to make things as easy as possible.
But we should not talk about MSEide here.

Martin

Re: ideU version 1.0.0.

Paul Breneman
On 12/26/2015 02:08 AM, Martin Schreiber wrote:

> On Thursday 24 December 2015 16:58:16 Paul Breneman wrote:
>> On 12/24/2015 11:06 AM, Martin Schreiber wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe you should list the original too? ;-)
>>>
>>> Martin
>>
>> Yes I should, but the original is not as simple for a beginner to
>> install.
>
> ???
> Frome MSEide README.TXT:
> "
> 1. Download and install FPC 3.0.0, you can get it from
>     http://www.freepascal.org/download.var
> 2. Download mseide_msegui_src_4_0.zip and the mseide_* archive
>     for your system.
>     http://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/mseide-msegui/4.0/
> 3. Extract them to a directory of your choice ('yourdirectory') .
> 4. Run 'yourdirectory/bin/mseide' on linux and freebsed or
>     'yourdirectory\bin\mseide.exe' on windows.
> 5. In 'Settings'-'Configure MSEide'-'${MSEDIR}' select 'yourdirectory/msegui'.
> 6. In 'Project'-'Open' select 'yourdirectory/msegui/apps/demo/demo.prj'.
> 7. 'Target'-'Continue'.
> "
> where 6. and 7. already are steps to compile and run the demo application. Is
> this really too difficult for people who like to develop software? ;-)

"Is this really too difficult for people who like to develop software?"

Of course it isn't!  But that is *not* where my tutorial tries to start
out.  http://www.controlpascal.com/tutorial.htm

I need to think about this more and maybe put together a wiki page that
summarizes how to *introduce* various people to computers, electronics
(optional), programming, and Pascal programming.  Maybe this is "ground
zero":
   https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Introduction_to_Computers

But if you've already had a C++ programming course in college, or if
you've already used an Arduino or a Raspberry Pi, then of course that
changes things.  Maybe you're already an embedded programmer that needs
a fast starting point ('runs on my system, so let's continue) and
motivating feedback:
   http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_Embedded_Nutshell

There are lots of different people with lots of different needs, and I
hope we can find ways to introduce more of them to Free Pascal.  Thanks
for all of your effort!  :)

Re: ideU version 1.0.0.

vojtech.cihak

Hello Fred,

just for curiosity, your mails (on fpc-pascal) sometimes appear "Fred van Stappen" and sometimes "fredvs". Why? Do you have more accounts?

Blaazen

> Od: fredvs <[hidden email]>
> Komu: <[hidden email]>
> Datum: 26.12.2015 10:55
> Předmět: Re: [fpc-pascal] ideU version 1.0.0.

Fre;D

-----
Many thanks ;-)

Re: ideU version 1.0.0.

Mark Morgan Lloyd-5
Martin Schreiber wrote:

> 3. Extract them to a directory of your choice ('yourdirectory') .
> 4. Run 'yourdirectory/bin/mseide' on linux and freebsed or
>    'yourdirectory\bin\mseide.exe' on windows.
> 5. In 'Settings'-'Configure MSEide'-'${MSEDIR}' select 'yourdirectory/msegui'.
> 6. In 'Project'-'Open' select 'yourdirectory/msegui/apps/demo/demo.prj'.
> 7. 'Target'-'Continue'.
> "
> where 6. and 7. already are steps to compile and run the demo application. Is
> this really too difficult for people who like to develop software? ;-)

Looks reasonable to me, except that I'd point out that Lazarus puts up
an initial form which presents its "best guess" of where it's installed,
which FPC compiler binary is to be used and so on.

I fully agree that the user /should/ have the option of overriding
settings. However if we're really going to be punctilious I'd suggest
that he should also be told that a configuration file is about to be
created, where it's being told, and how to override that choice if
appropriate.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

Re: ideU version 1.0.0.

wkitty42
On 12/26/2015 06:55 AM, Vojtěch Čihák wrote:
> Hello Fred,
>
> just for curiosity, your mails (on fpc-pascal) sometimes appear "Fred van
> Stappen" and sometimes "fredvs". Why? Do you have more accounts?

most likely different client software... both set to use the same account but
one with one "real name" and the other with a different "real name" entry...

Re: ideU version 1.0.0.

fredvs
>> Hello Fred,
>
>> just for curiosity, your mails (on fpc-pascal) sometimes appear "Fred van
>> Stappen" and sometimes "fredvs". Why? Do you have more accounts?

> most likely different client software... both set to use the same account but
> one with one "real name" and the other with a different "real name" entry...

Hello.
Huh, no I only have one account..
But sometimes I answer via nabble.com, othertimes via hotmail.com, maybe that is the reason of different names.

> Ouh, you are sensitive. ;-)

Yep, too much, I know, sorry. ;-(

Fre;D

Many thanks ;-)

Re: ideU version 1.0.0.

wkitty42
On 12/26/2015 11:13 AM, fredvs wrote:

>>> Hello Fred,
>>
>>> just for curiosity, your mails (on fpc-pascal) sometimes appear "Fred van
>>> Stappen" and sometimes "fredvs". Why? Do you have more accounts?
>
>> most likely different client software... both set to use the same account
>> but one with one "real name" and the other with a different "real name"
>> entry...
>
> Hello.
> Huh, no I only have one account..

yes...

> But sometimes I answer via nabble.com, othertimes via hotmail.com, maybe
> that is the reason of different names.

that qualifies as different client software  ;) ;) ;)

if it is of any real concern, you might be able to change that on one of those
systems so that they both have the same user name in the From: field but i don't
see any problems with it the way it is... i don't put user names in any of my
email software clients ;)

Re: ideU version 1.0.0.

fredvs
> that qualifies as different client software ;) ;) ;)

Thanks Kitty for your light ;-)

I seems that answers sent from hotmail.com gives my full name...

I prefer "fredvs" so I will use only http://free-pascal-general.1045716.n5.nabble.com/
for answer/create new topic.

Thanks to note it.

Fre;D

Many thanks ;-)

Re: ideU version 1.0.0.

fredvs
Ooops, sorry, I sent previous topic from hotmail.com...

This is sent from nabble.com (but so there are both to compare ;-) ).

Fre;D
Many thanks ;-)