i386-linux-as: command not found

Alain Michaud
Hi,
  I am trying to compile FPC from the SVN. I get the following error
message:

make[4]: i386-linux-as: command not found
make[4]: *** [prt0.o] Error 127
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/microwave/freepascal/fpcsvn/rtl/linux'
make[4]: *** [fpc_smart] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory ...

May be someone has seen this message before?

1 -- I am on Suse 9.3

2 -- I was compiling the SVC FPC and Lazarus on MANDRIVA for the whole
week-end now, using the same procedure and it worked well. I though that
moving to Suse would be a "piece of cake". Clearly it was not!

Thank for reading

Alain

Re: i386-linux-as: command not found

Tomas Hajny
On 19 Mar 06, at 18:51, Alain Michaud wrote:

Hi,

>   I am trying to compile FPC from the SVN. I get the following error
> message:

> make[4]: i386-linux-as: command not found
> make[4]: *** [prt0.o] Error 127
> make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/microwave/freepascal/fpcsvn/rtl/linux'
> make[4]: *** [fpc_smart] Error 2
> make[4]: Leaving directory ...
>
> May be someone has seen this message before?
>

> 1 -- I am on Suse 9.3
>
> 2 -- I was compiling the SVC FPC and Lazarus on MANDRIVA for the whole
> week-end now, using the same procedure and it worked well. I though that
> moving to Suse would be a "piece of cake". Clearly it was not!

The problem isn't related to particular
distribution, but rather to particular SVN
revision. Some bug slipped into our makefiles
during this weekend, it should be hopefully
corrected soon.

Tomas

Re: i386-linux-as: command not found

Burkhard Carstens-3
> The problem isn't related to particular
> distribution, but rather to particular SVN
> revision. Some bug slipped into our makefiles
> during this weekend, it should be hopefully
> corrected soon.

linux-i386, fixes_2_0

To me it seem that "rtl/inc/text.inc" is broken Please see
http://www.bcsoft.de/fpc/probs/  for details.

regards
 Burkhard

Re: i386-linux-as: command not found

Michael Van Canneyt

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Burkhard Carstens wrote:

>> The problem isn't related to particular
>> distribution, but rather to particular SVN
>> revision. Some bug slipped into our makefiles
>> during this weekend, it should be hopefully
>> corrected soon.
>
> linux-i386, fixes_2_0
>
> To me it seem that "rtl/inc/text.inc" is broken Please see
> http://www.bcsoft.de/fpc/probs/  for details.

This problem was fixed today, please try again with the latest CVS.

Re: i386-linux-as: command not found

Peter Vreman
>> The problem isn't related to particular
>> distribution, but rather to particular SVN
>> revision. Some bug slipped into our makefiles
>> during this weekend, it should be hopefully
>> corrected soon.
>
> linux-i386, fixes_2_0
>
> To me it seem that "rtl/inc/text.inc" is broken Please see
> http://www.bcsoft.de/fpc/probs/  for details.

Fixed

Re: i386-linux-as: command not found

Burkhard Carstens-3