help me to install freepascal to Yellow Dog Linux on PowerMacintosh G5

help me to install freepascal to Yellow Dog Linux on PowerMacintosh G5

Nurmukhamed Artykaly
Hello.
im trying to install fpc into my home directory.

i fetch fpc source via cvs.

[nartykaly@ibmcontest fpc]$ make all
make: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found
make: -iSP: Command not found
make: -iTP: Command not found
make: -iSO: Command not found
make: -iTO: Command not found
make compiler_cycle RELEASE=1
make[1]: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/nartykaly/fpc'
make[1]: -iSP: Command not found
make[1]: -iTP: Command not found
make[1]: -iSO: Command not found
make[1]: -iTO: Command not found
make -C compiler cycle
make[2]: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/nartykaly/fpc/compiler'
make[2]: -iSP: Command not found
make[2]: -iTP: Command not found
make[2]: -iSO: Command not found
make[2]: -iTO: Command not found
make tempclean ppc3.exe
make[3]: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/nartykaly/fpc/compiler'
make[3]: -iSP: Command not found
make[3]: -iTP: Command not found
make[3]: -iSO: Command not found
make[3]: -iTO: Command not found
/bin/rm -f ppcross ppc ppc1.exe ppc2.exe ppc3.exe ./msg2inc.exe
make 'OLDFPC=' next
make[4]: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/nartykaly/fpc/compiler'
make[4]: -iSP: Command not found
make[4]: -iTP: Command not found
make[4]: -iSO: Command not found
make[4]: -iTO: Command not found
make rtlclean rtl
make[5]: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/nartykaly/fpc/compiler'
make[5]: -iSP: Command not found
make[5]: -iTP: Command not found
make[5]: -iSO: Command not found
make[5]: -iTO: Command not found
make -C  clean
make: *** clean: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: Entering an unknown directorymake: Leaving an unknown
directorymake[5]: *** [rtlclean] Error 2
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/nartykaly/fpc/compiler'
make[4]: *** [next] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/nartykaly/fpc/compiler'
make[3]: *** [ppc1.exe] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/nartykaly/fpc/compiler'
make[2]: *** [cycle] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/nartykaly/fpc/compiler'
make[1]: *** [compiler_cycle] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nartykaly/fpc'
make: *** [build-stamp.-] Error 2

--
? ?????????
?????????? ????????

Re: help me to install freepascal to Yellow Dog Linux on PowerMacintosh G5

Jonas Maebe

On 25 May 2005, at 05:57, Nurmukhamed Artykaly wrote:

> im trying to install fpc into my home directory.
>
> i fetch fpc source via cvs.

You have to install a binary version of the compiler to start the
compilation, because the compiler itself is also written in Pascal
and not in C. However, the 32 bit Linux/ppc binary does not work
under 64 bit powerpc currently, because it uses the dcbz instruction.
That instruction fills a cache line with all zero bytes. On earlier
PPC's, every cache line was 32 bytes. On the PPC970, it's 128 bytes.

The PPC970 does have a compatibility bit which can be turned on so
that dcbz still only clears 32 bytes, but that bit is not turned on
under Linux (at least not under Gentoo). It is turned on on Mac OS X,
which is why I only noticed it after 2.0 was released.

So to start, you will have to cross compile from another operating
system such as Windows, Mac OS X or a 32 bit Linux/ppc machine (where
you have to remove all occurrences of dcbz from the rtl sources).