gprof win32

Пётр Косаревский
How can one use gprof under win32?

While it is possible to download one or another gprof, fpc reports linking error: "ld.exe: cannot find -lc".

Re: gprof win32

Peter Vreman
At 09:54 17-4-2006, you wrote:
>How can one use gprof under win32?
>
>While it is possible to download one or another gprof, fpc reports linking
>error: "ld.exe: cannot find -lc".

gprof only works under cygwin

Peter

Re[2]: gprof win32

Пётр Косаревский
> At 09:54 17-4-2006, you wrote:
> >How can one use gprof under win32?
> >While it is possible to download one or another gprof, fpc reports linking
> >error: "ld.exe: cannot find -lc".
> gprof only works under cygwin
> Peter

Is there any common way of profiling under win32 with freepascal?

(One way is obvious: getting timestamps before/after long procedures, analyzing assembler output for little ones. But it's not an easy one.)

Re[2]: gprof win32

Peter Vreman
At 10:04 17-4-2006, you wrote:

> > At 09:54 17-4-2006, you wrote:
> > >How can one use gprof under win32?
> > >While it is possible to download one or another gprof, fpc reports
> linking
> > >error: "ld.exe: cannot find -lc".
> > gprof only works under cygwin
> > Peter
>
>Is there any common way of profiling under win32 with freepascal?
>
>(One way is obvious: getting timestamps before/after long procedures,
>analyzing assembler output for little ones. But it's not an easy one.)

Using gprof is the only way that fpc provides.

Peter

Re[3]: gprof win32

Пётр Косаревский
> > linking
> > > gprof only works under cygwin
> > > Peter
> >Is there any common way of profiling under win32 with freepascal?
> >(One way is obvious: getting timestamps before/after long procedures,
> >analyzing assembler output for little ones. But it's not an easy one.)
> Using gprof is the only way that fpc provides.
> Peter

So, if I install cygwin, will error disappear?

Re: gprof win32

Krishna-33
On 4/17/06, Peter Vreman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> At 09:54 17-4-2006, you wrote:
> >How can one use gprof under win32?
> >
> >While it is possible to download one or another gprof, fpc reports linking
> >error: "ld.exe: cannot find -lc".
>
> gprof only works under cygwin

I recently used it under MingW. The CodeBlocks IDE comes with it. The
IDE also has a plugin to interpret the results. But mine was all C/C++
code. So, donno whether it works on code output by fpc.

http://codeblocks.org

Cheers,
Krishna
--
You think you know when you learn, are more
sure when you can write, even more when you