gprof setup on windows

Darius Blaszyk
I would like to profile my code on windows. I tried searching the wiki,
but without much success on how to do that on windows. Can anyone
explain me in a few words how this can be done?

Kind regards, Darius

Re: gprof setup on windows

Graeme Geldenhuys-2
On 02/11/2007, Darius Blaszijk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would like to profile my code on windows. I tried searching the wiki,
>  but without much success on how to do that on windows. Can anyone
>  explain me in a few words how this can be done?

Did you ever find any information.  I would like to profile some of my
code as well and need the same information.

I compiled my application and all packages with the '-pg' compiler
option. Run the application and section that needs profiling and it
generated a very small gprof.out file (186 bytes).  I then ran gprof
as follows:
  gprof gridspeed.exe gprof.out > output.txt

As expected from the small gprof.out file, there is no useful
information in the output.txt file. :-(

Anybody got some idea of what I did wrong?

Re: gprof setup on windows

Peter Vreman
> On 02/11/2007, Darius Blaszijk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I would like to profile my code on windows. I tried searching the wiki,
>>  but without much success on how to do that on windows. Can anyone
>>  explain me in a few words how this can be done?
>
> Did you ever find any information.  I would like to profile some of my
> code as well and need the same information.
>
> I compiled my application and all packages with the '-pg' compiler
> option. Run the application and section that needs profiling and it
> generated a very small gprof.out file (186 bytes).  I then ran gprof
> as follows:
>   gprof gridspeed.exe gprof.out > output.txt
>
> As expected from the small gprof.out file, there is no useful
> information in the output.txt file. :-(
>
> Anybody got some idea of what I did wrong?

Using 2.3.1 for win32 and gprof from cygwin works for me.

Peter