gnugettext

Carsten Bager
Hi

I am using the gnugettext unit on Linux (Arm9), but when using Russian as
translated language I have a problem. All Russian chars are returned as "?"

I believe the problem is in the system unit, everything looks fine (debug
output from gnugettext) but it looks like when translated in gettext output is
converted by the system (maybe by Ansi2WideMove).

Anybody have an idea where to go from here.

Carsten

Re: gnugettext

Michael Van Canneyt

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Carsten Bager wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am using the gnugettext unit on Linux (Arm9), but when using Russian as
> translated language I have a problem. All Russian chars are returned as "?"
>
> I believe the problem is in the system unit, everything looks fine (debug
> output from gnugettext) but it looks like when translated in gettext output is
> converted by the system (maybe by Ansi2WideMove).
>
> Anybody have an idea where to go from here.

Did you add cwstring to the uses clause of your program ? Without it,
you won't have access to the recoding routines.

Re: gnugettext

Carsten Bager
> Did you add cwstring to the uses clause of your program ? Without it,
> you won't have access to the recoding routines.

I do not have to do that the compiler it self calles fpc_widestr_to_ansistr
witch then calles Wide2AnsiMoveProc in this proces I lose the the russian
translation.

Carsten

Re: gnugettext

Jonas Maebe-2

On 25 Aug 2008, at 14:17, Carsten Bager wrote:

>> Did you add cwstring to the uses clause of your program ? Without it,
>> you won't have access to the recoding routines.
>
> I do not have to do that the compiler it self calles
> fpc_widestr_to_ansistr
> witch then calles Wide2AnsiMoveProc in this proces I lose the the
> russian
> translation.

The cwstring unit replaces the procvar called by fpc_widestr_to_ansistr