gdbm package on Windows

greim
Hi,

i want to  _read_ *.pag files created as hash ( dbm or ndbm or gdbm)
files in Perl (Linux) with freepascal.

I used the gdbm package, and it worked fine with Linux.

On Windows (XP) using the same *.pag file unfortunately not.
I installed different gdbm.dll files in the working directory but the
testdbm.pp crushed down with some access violation (fpc) or was asking
for a c.dll (in a Lazarus application) ?

Is the gdbm package designed only for Linux (i fear so) ?
Is there any other package / tool / source snippet for READING dbm files
on Windows?

Regards

Markus Greim

Re: gdbm package on Windows

Sven Barth-2
On 05.10.2013 17:56, greim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i want to  _read_ *.pag files created as hash ( dbm or ndbm or gdbm)
> files in Perl (Linux) with freepascal.
>
> I used the gdbm package, and it worked fine with Linux.
>
> On Windows (XP) using the same *.pag file unfortunately not.
> I installed different gdbm.dll files in the working directory but the
> testdbm.pp crushed down with some access violation (fpc) or was asking
> for a c.dll (in a Lazarus application) ?

I don't know gdbm, but it seems that the library itself requires a C dll
and then it's not important whether the application is written in
Pascal, C or something else, because the library is a C one and thus
needs a fitting runtime DLL.