fpdoc: what does the --marco parameter do?

fpdoc: what does the --marco parameter do?

Graeme Geldenhuys-6
The FPDoc PDF documentation for 3.0.4 doesn't mention it at all. So
maybe it is something for 3.2.0 and later only?

I'm trying to debug fpdoc, but for the life of me, I can't get Lazarus
to step into the code other than the program unit's main code block. I
set the starting directory, I set the --project=myfile.xml as the run
parameter, but still no luck.  I'm running Linux if that matters.

Regards,
  Graeme

Re: fpdoc: what does the --marco parameter do?

Graeme Geldenhuys-6
On 23/03/2019 16:34, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> I'm trying to debug fpdoc, but for the life of me, I can't get Lazarus
> to step into the code other than the program unit's main code block.

Got this part sorted - MSEide to the rescue! I set the exact same run
parameters (starting directory and --project=xyz run parameter) and
MSEide breaks and steps into the code without problem.

What's up Lazarus??

Regards,
  Graeme

Re: fpdoc: what does the --marco parameter do?

Free Pascal - General mailing list
Graeme Geldenhuys <[hidden email]> schrieb am Sa., 23. März 2019, 17:40:
On 23/03/2019 16:34, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> I'm trying to debug fpdoc, but for the life of me, I can't get Lazarus
> to step into the code other than the program unit's main code block.

Got this part sorted - MSEide to the rescue! I set the exact same run
parameters (starting directory and --project=xyz run parameter) and
MSEide breaks and steps into the code without problem.

What's up Lazarus??

Maybe better ask that on the Lazarus list? 🤨

On Sat, 23 Mar 2019, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> The FPDoc PDF documentation for 3.0.4 doesn't mention it at all. So
> maybe it is something for 3.2.0 and later only?

Yes.

The XML project file needs some parametrization - for example the location of the sources.
So it contains macros.

The --macro option (the name is maybe a little obtuse) is used to replace the parameter name
with a parameter value.