fpdoc document *.pas;*.inc

L505-2
What command would be used to run FPCdoc on all files in a directory.

PSEUDO EXAMPLE: (crashes fpdoc)

fpdoc --package=Test --input=*.pas;*.inc;

Re: fpdoc document *.pas;*.inc

Michael Van Canneyt

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, L505 wrote:

> What command would be used to run FPCdoc on all files in a directory.
>
> PSEUDO EXAMPLE: (crashes fpdoc)
>
> fpdoc --package=Test --input=*.pas;*.inc;

You can't do it like that. You must do a

fpdoc --package=Test --input=file1.pas --input=file2.pas

RE: fpdoc document *.pas;*.inc

Jeff Pohlmeyer
> What command would be used to run FPCdoc on all files in a directory.
> PSEUDO EXAMPLE: (crashes fpdoc)
> fpdoc --package=Test --input=*.pas;*.inc;

fpdoc --package=Test $(ls -1 *.pas *.inc | awk '{printf("input=%s ", $1)}')

 - Jeff

fpdoc features

L505

> > What command would be used to run FPCdoc on all files in a directory.
> > PSEUDO EXAMPLE: (crashes fpdoc)
> > fpdoc --package=Test --input=*.pas;*.inc;

> fpdoc --package=Test $(ls -1 *.pas *.inc | awk '{printf("input=%s ", $1)}')

AWK for the one liner.. I was going to build a program that sucked all the *.pas
file names out of a directory and made an fpdoc command out of it.. then launch
the command.

Other question about FPDOC: is there a way to skip the HTML head and footer so
the page is not a complete html document but just a snippet of html? If not,
would it be allowed for me to build this feature and send a patch or would I do
it privately? I'd like html snippets instead of an HTML page so I can build the
docs into a CGI program.
For example, skipping the html body, head, head closing, and body closing tags
at minimum.
Maybe a --snippet option.

Re: fpdoc document *.pas;*.inc

Jeff Pohlmeyer
> is there a way to skip the HTML head and footer so the page
> is not a complete html document but just a snippet of html?
> For example, skipping the html body, head, head closing,
> and body closing tags at minimum.

tidy --show-body-only yes test.html > test-body.html

http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

-Jeff

Re: fpdoc document *.pas;*.inc

L505
> tidy --show-body-only yes test.html > test-body.html

That'll work in the mean time while I wait for responses and comments on the
snippet feature.

FastHTMLParser could also work, find the Body tag (OnTag event) and record all
text between body.

It would be nice if I could build it right into the fpdoc tool though, so it's
just one step.

Re: fpdoc document *.pas;*.inc

Michael Van Canneyt

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006, L505 wrote:

> > tidy --show-body-only yes test.html > test-body.html
>
> That'll work in the mean time while I wait for responses and comments on the
> snippet feature.
>
> FastHTMLParser could also work, find the Body tag (OnTag event) and record all
> text between body.
>
> It would be nice if I could build it right into the fpdoc tool though, so it's
> just one step.

I'll have a look at it. It should be easy to do.

Re: fpdoc document *.pas;*.inc

Vincent Snijders
Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Apr 2006, L505 wrote:
>

>>>tidy --show-body-only yes test.html > test-body.html
>>
>>That'll work in the mean time while I wait for responses and comments on the
>>snippet feature.
>>
>>FastHTMLParser could also work, find the Body tag (OnTag event) and record all
>>text between body.
>>
>>It would be nice if I could build it right into the fpdoc tool though, so it's
>>just one step.
>

> I'll have a look at it. It should be easy to do.

While you are looking at fpdoc, can you look at this mail again?
http://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-devel/2006-March/007346.html

If it is too much work, please tell how you want it to be done in the
xml and I will write the code for the html writer.

Vincent.

Re: fpdoc document *.pas;*.inc

L505

> > It would be nice if I could build it right into the fpdoc tool though, so
> > it's just one step.
>
> I'll have a look at it. It should be easy to do.

I was looking into dw_html and I'm not sure if my object orientation theory is
right but:

Would this be the way to go:
 -create a dw_htmlsnip file, or dw_htmlbody
 -inherit the HTMLWriter and make a HTMLSnippetWriter object, or HTMLBodyWriter,
overriding the THTMLWriter.CreateHTMLPage with your own procedure, that
basically skipped the footer, skipped the header, skipped the body tag, etc.

I see all the header tags are basically created in THTMLWriter.CreateHTMLPage