fpc network components

Mattias Gaertner
I want to create a simple webserver, that runs locally on the user machine.
It must run on MacOSX, Linux, Windows and FreeBSD.

What is the state of the FPC network units?
Is there any documentation and/or example?

Re: fpc network components

Michael Van Canneyt

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> I want to create a simple webserver, that runs locally on the user machine.
> It must run on MacOSX, Linux, Windows and FreeBSD.
>
> What is the state of the FPC network units?

lnet should function on most platforms. Micha Nelissen has made a simple
webserver. I think it's time to move lnet to the FCL and/or packages and
distribute it with FPC by default.

Re: fpc network components

Michael Van Canneyt

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Tue, 9 May 2006, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>
>> I want to create a simple webserver, that runs locally on the user machine.
>> It must run on MacOSX, Linux, Windows and FreeBSD.
>>
>> What is the state of the FPC network units?
>
> lnet should function on most platforms. Micha Nelissen has made a simple
> webserver. I think it's time to move lnet to the FCL and/or packages and
> distribute it with FPC by default.

And of course Synapse should work on all these platforms...

Re: fpc network components

> I want to create a simple webserver, that runs locally on the user machine.
> It must run on MacOSX, Linux, Windows and FreeBSD.
>
> What is the state of the FPC network units?
> Is there any documentation and/or example?

The indy webserver  runs on windows and linux, has threading problems on
FreeBSD and is untested on OS X.

Re: fpc network components

> On Tue, 9 May 2006, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> > webserver. I think it's time to move lnet to the FCL and/or packages and
> > distribute it with FPC by default.
>
> And of course Synapse should work on all these platforms...

I find that very hard to believe since the feb snapshot still has un-ifdefed
references to unit libc.

Or do you have some developer only version?

Re: fpc network components

Michael Van Canneyt

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Marco van de Voort wrote:

>> On Tue, 9 May 2006, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>
>>> webserver. I think it's time to move lnet to the FCL and/or packages and
>>> distribute it with FPC by default.
>>
>> And of course Synapse should work on all these platforms...
>
> I find that very hard to believe since the feb snapshot still has un-ifdefed
> references to unit libc.

Is this a problem ?

> Or do you have some developer only version?

There was (around feb, or earlier ?) a mail to the fpc-pascal list with a call
for testers.

Re: fpc network components

Lukas Gebauer
> > And of course Synapse should work on all these platforms...
>
> I find that very hard to believe since the feb snapshot still has
> un-ifdefed references to unit libc.
>
> Or do you have some developer only version?

I do lot of modifications in Synapse what are unpublished yet.
Synapse know to use FPC native sockets/netdb units as socket backend
now. It opens Synapse to many supported platforms.

Before a some time I asked here for help with debugging in various
unix platforms, but nobody contact me. I can debug only Linux on i386
platform.

--
Lukas Gebauer.

E-mail: [hidden email]
http://www.ararat.cz/synapse/ - Ararat Synapse - TCP/IP Lib.

Re: fpc network components

Mattias Gaertner
On Tue, 9 May 2006 13:08:29 +0200 (Romance Daylight Time)
Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 May 2006, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 9 May 2006, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> >
> >> I want to create a simple webserver, that runs locally on the user
> >machine. > It must run on MacOSX, Linux, Windows and FreeBSD.
> >>
> >> What is the state of the FPC network units?
> >
> > lnet should function on most platforms. Micha Nelissen has made a simple
> > webserver. I think it's time to move lnet to the FCL and/or packages and
> > distribute it with FPC by default.
>
> And of course Synapse should work on all these platforms...

I just downloaded synapsnap.zip and tried:
It needs quite a lot of libc and there are a lot IFDEF linux which must be
replaced by unix.
Where is the version that runs on MacOSX?
Is there already a libc for darwin/powerpc in the base packages of fpc?

Re: fpc network components

Lukas Gebauer
> I just downloaded synapsnap.zip and tried:
> It needs quite a lot of libc and there are a lot IFDEF linux which must be
> replaced by unix. Where is the version that runs on MacOSX? Is there
> already a libc for darwin/powerpc in the base packages of fpc?

Again... Synapse with needed support is unreleased yet, it is not in
latest synasnap yet.

--
Lukas Gebauer.

E-mail: [hidden email]
WEB: http://www.ararat.cz/synapse - Synapse Delphi and Kylix TCP/IP
Library

Re: fpc network components

Mattias Gaertner
On Tue, 09 May 2006 15:27:34 +0200
"Lukas Gebauer" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > > And of course Synapse should work on all these platforms...
> >
> > I find that very hard to believe since the feb snapshot still has
> > un-ifdefed references to unit libc.
> >
> > Or do you have some developer only version?
>
> I do lot of modifications in Synapse what are unpublished yet.
> Synapse know to use FPC native sockets/netdb units as socket backend
> now. It opens Synapse to many supported platforms.
>
> Before a some time I asked here for help with debugging in various
> unix platforms, but nobody contact me. I can debug only Linux on i386
> platform.

I would like to test synapse on MacOSX.

Re: fpc network components

Lukas Gebauer
> > Before a some time I asked here for help with debugging in various unix
> > platforms, but nobody contact me. I can debug only Linux on i386
> > platform.
>
> I would like to test synapse on MacOSX.

Great! Best will be if you can subscribe to synapse mailing list and wait
for next Synasnap.