fpc does not invoke correct compiler

denisgolovan
Hi all

I experience inconsistency using fpc wrapper.
See below.

When I invoke fpc using command line "fpc -Px86_64 ..." it correctly executes cross-compiler (ppcrossx64) under Linux 32 bit.
But if I try to push -Px86_64 into a separate file (opts.cfg) and run with "fpc @opts.cfg" it just executes native ppc386.

It looks like a bug to me.

Denis Golovan

Re: fpc does not invoke correct compiler

Marco van de Voort
In our previous episode, denisgolovan said:
> I experience inconsistency using fpc wrapper.
> See below.
>
> When I invoke fpc using command line "fpc -Px86_64 ..." it correctly executes cross-compiler (ppcrossx64) under Linux 32 bit.
> But if I try to push -Px86_64 into a separate file (opts.cfg) and run with "fpc @opts.cfg" it just executes native ppc386.
>
> It looks like a bug to me.

It is not. fpc has an handful of own parameters, including -P and -V, and
passes the rest to fpc.

So the mistake is that you put fpc parameters in a config file meant for
ppc<arch>