fp

Joep L. Blom
Hi,
I have some trouble with fpc on my AMD64 (FC5). I have installed
everything but fp (the IDE) is missing. Looking in the contents of
fpc-2.1.1-20060702@86_64 (using smart) fp is not available. Is it
possible that it is missing or is it purposely not put in the package.
Joep

Re: fp

Michael Van Canneyt

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006, J.L. Blom wrote:

> Hi,
> I have some trouble with fpc on my AMD64 (FC5). I have installed
> everything but fp (the IDE) is missing. Looking in the contents of
> fpc-2.1.1-20060702@86_64 (using smart) fp is not available. Is it
> possible that it is missing or is it purposely not put in the package.

It is not put in the snapshot packages, this is normal.
If you want fp, you'll have to compile it yourself, or
try the release candidate for 2.0.4.

Re: fp

Joep L. Blom
On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 09:50 +0200, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Jul 2006, J.L. Blom wrote:
>

> It is not put in the snapshot packages, this is normal.
> If you want fp, you'll have to compile it yourself, or
> try the release candidate for 2.0.4.
>
> Michael.
Michael,
Thanks a lot for your fast reply. That explains it.
In the mean time I found that using smart as install tool fpc 2.0.2.4
can be obtained but I want to retain the snapshot.
Can you give me the URI for the download site as I cannot find it on the
freepascal.org site.
And maybe you can shed some light on another problem I have with
lazarus. It starts OK but all units I want to use are stroked-through
and are unusable (I know I have to ask in the lazarus community).
Joep