fgl.TFPGMap / operator not overloaded for object types

fgl.TFPGMap / operator not overloaded for object types

denisgolovan
Hi all

I am wondering if somebody created a bug request for the problem described in
http://lists.freepascal.org/fpc-pascal/2011-January/028020.html ?

If not I'd like report it :)
I am asking because I stumbled across the same issue under fpc 3.1.1 (rev.30041)

Denis Golovan

Re: fgl.TFPGMap / operator not overloaded for object types

Maciej Izak
Alternatively you can use THashMap from Generics.Collections -> this implementation don't need any operators overloading, will work with most of FreePascal types and it is much, much faster :)

(download generics_collections_final.zip -> http://bugs.freepascal.org/file_download.php?file_id=21394&type=bug)

 (to work with Unix 64 bits you need to use rev. 30239 and newer)

Regards

Maciej Izak ([hidden email])

Re: fgl.TFPGMap / operator not overloaded for object types

denisgolovan
> Alternatively you can use THashMap from Generics.Collections -> this implementation don't need any operators overloading, will work with most of FreePascal types and it is much, much faster :)

Yes. I saw your library.
Looks promising, but I am a bit concerned about amount of bugs related to this one.
You pushed fpc generics straight to the edge :)

BTW, could you upload it to GitHub to be able to pull new changes easier?
It looks like it will be a long way to official FPC package.

Denis Golovan

Re: fgl.TFPGMap / operator not overloaded for object types

Maciej Izak
BTW, could you upload it to GitHub to be able to pull new changes easier?
It looks like it will be a long way to official FPC package.

Right :D, maybe FPC team don't need Generics.* :O

Regards,
Maciej Izak ([hidden email])

Re: fgl.TFPGMap / operator not overloaded for object types

Sven Barth-2

Am 17.03.2015 21:08 schrieb "Maciej Izak" <[hidden email]>:

>> BTW, could you upload it to GitHub to be able to pull new changes easier?
>> It looks like it will be a long way to official FPC package.
>

> Right :D, maybe FPC team don't need Generics.* :O
>
> https://github.com/dathox/generics.collections

I won't commit it as long as I haven't made sure that it doesn't rely on any implementation details. And that needs time...

Re: fgl.TFPGMap / operator not overloaded for object types

denisgolovan
> https://github.com/dathox/generics.collections

  Thanks. Git makes life easier.

Denis Golovan

Re: fgl.TFPGMap / operator not overloaded for object types

Maciej Izak

I won't commit it as long as I haven't made sure that it doesn't rely on any implementation details. And that needs time...

IMO the most important to fix is:

Am 18.03.2015 11:52 schrieb "Maciej Izak" <[hidden email]>:

>> I won't commit it as long as I haven't made sure that it doesn't rely on any implementation details. And that needs time...
>

> IMO the most important to fix is:

That's not what I meant...