fcl-pdf: Extracting a page...

Marcos Douglas B. Santos
Hi,

Is it possible read a PDF, extract a page and create a new one using
the new fcl-pdf?
If yes, could you send an example how I can do that?

Regards,
Marcos Douglas

Re: fcl-pdf: Extracting a page...

Graeme Geldenhuys-6
On 2016-04-11 21:33, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> Is it possible read a PDF, extract a page and create a new one using
> the new fcl-pdf?

I'm sure it is possible - there are PDF-to-Text tools around. Is it
possible with the current fcl-pdf code? No. The fcl-pdf was designed to
work the other way.... take content (code, JSON etc) and create PDF's.

Re: fcl-pdf: Extracting a page...

Marcos Douglas B. Santos
On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 5:45 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm sure it is possible - there are PDF-to-Text tools around. Is it
> possible with the current fcl-pdf code? No. The fcl-pdf was designed to
> work the other way.... take content (code, JSON etc) and create PDF's.

Right.
PDF-to-text is not an option because I need to extract the page with
the same appearance as the
original so I can't rewrite the page.

Thanks for answer.

Regards,
Marcos Douglas

Re: fcl-pdf: Extracting a page...

José Mejuto
El 11/04/2016 a las 22:52, Marcos Douglas escribió:

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 5:45 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm sure it is possible - there are PDF-to-Text tools around. Is it
>> possible with the current fcl-pdf code? No. The fcl-pdf was designed to
>> work the other way.... take content (code, JSON etc) and create PDF's.
>
> Right.
> PDF-to-text is not an option because I need to extract the page with
> the same appearance as the
> original so I can't rewrite the page.

Hello,

Use qpdf:

http://qpdf.sourceforge.net/files/qpdf-manual.html
http://qpdf.sourceforge.net/files/qpdf-manual.html#ref.page-selection

Re: fcl-pdf: Extracting a page...

Marcos Douglas B. Santos
On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 6:46 PM, José Mejuto <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Use qpdf:
>
> http://qpdf.sourceforge.net/files/qpdf-manual.html
> http://qpdf.sourceforge.net/files/qpdf-manual.html#ref.page-selection