exec with many params

Antal
in linux I can't use the exec for executing a program with more than one
parameter.
I tried to supply more than a parameter separeted with whitespace, but
it's not reliable, since the program is treating it as just one parameter

so I can't pass options to programs, such as:
ls -l .*

Re: exec with many params

Peter Vreman
> in linux I can't use the exec for executing a program with more than one
> parameter.
> I tried to supply more than a parameter separeted with whitespace, but
> it's not reliable, since the program is treating it as just one parameter
>
> so I can't pass options to programs, such as:
> ls -l .*

Expansion of the * is done by the shell not by the exec system call. Use
the shell() command from the unix unit instead.