encryption

"Fabrício F. Kammer"
Hi all,

Does anyone have a routine with example to encrypt/decrypt text files?

Thanks in avance

Fabrício F. Kammer

Re: encryption

Alexandre Leclerc
There are two hash in: fpcsrc/packages/base/hash

There is, for example, Blowfish (a ciphers for actual
encryption/decryption) in: fpcsrc/fcl/incblowfish.pp

Blowfish is very good by the way (as is fast). There are many others;
I also saw a a kit of many ciphers in Delphi which could certainly
work on FPC. See
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/MathFunctions/Cryptography.htm
for many of them.

I used that one http://www.cityinthesky.co.uk/cryptography.html in a
project once, but it was under Delphi. It should work under FPC I
think... It's up to you to try.

Regards.

--
Alexandre Leclerc

Re: encryption

Vincent Snijders
Alexandre Leclerc wrote:

> There are two hash in: fpcsrc/packages/base/hash
>
> There is, for example, Blowfish (a ciphers for actual
> encryption/decryption) in: fpcsrc/fcl/incblowfish.pp
>
> Blowfish is very good by the way (as is fast). There are many others;
> I also saw a a kit of many ciphers in Delphi which could certainly
> work on FPC. See
> http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/MathFunctions/Cryptography.htm
> for many of them.
>
> I used that one http://www.cityinthesky.co.uk/cryptography.html in a
> project once, but it was under Delphi. It should work under FPC I
> think... It's up to you to try.

It has been ported to fpc/lazarus:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/DCPcrypt

Vincent

Re: encryption

"Fabrício F. Kammer"
Thanks Alexandre and Vincent but I need of a bit more help with this.

I'm working in a software to protect my main software. Look how I want
to make:

- This software will be a TCP Server (I'm calling it of Authentication
software).
- This software must run in the console, then I can't have graphical
application for it. I want to make this software runs az daemon on the
future.
- I'll have some informations of the server (hardware information that I
get on /proc) and the number of stations that can use my main software
together storaged in a crypted file.
- I need to read this crypted file, decrypt it and compare with the
informations of /proc again. Then I need of a form to encrypt/decrypt
the file to compare with the actual information.

If I use md5 I can't decrypt the text. In yours opnion what's the
indicate algorithm do make this?

Thanks again

Fabrício F. Kammer
Conchal/SP/Brazil

Vincent Snijders escreveu:

> Alexandre Leclerc wrote:
>> There are two hash in: fpcsrc/packages/base/hash
>>
>> There is, for example, Blowfish (a ciphers for actual
>> encryption/decryption) in: fpcsrc/fcl/incblowfish.pp
>>
>> Blowfish is very good by the way (as is fast). There are many others;
>> I also saw a a kit of many ciphers in Delphi which could certainly
>> work on FPC. See
>> http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/MathFunctions/Cryptography.htm
>> for many of them.
>>
>> I used that one http://www.cityinthesky.co.uk/cryptography.html in a
>> project once, but it was under Delphi. It should work under FPC I
>> think... It's up to you to try.
>>

> It has been ported to fpc/lazarus:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/DCPcrypt
>
> Vincent

Re: encryption

Alexandre Leclerc
2006/8/25, "Fabrício F. Kammer" <[hidden email]>:
> If I use md5 I can't decrypt the text. In yours opnion what's the
> indicate algorithm do make this?

Hi Fabrício,

Exact, (as stated in my first email) all "hash" algo like md5 can't be
decoded. These are... hash! All "cipher" algo like blowfish/twofish,
etc. can be encoded, stored, and later decoded provided you have the
key.

Any cipher algo will serve your needs. Since DCPCrypt has been ported
(thank you Vincent, I did not know), all cipher (in DCPciphers tab)
will do what you need. Pick the one(s) that fit your needs.

See http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/DCPcrypt as given by Vincent.

Best regards.

--
Alexandre Leclerc

Re: encryption

"Fabrício F. Kammer"
Thanks Alexandre,

I'll see it.

Regards

Fabrício

Alexandre Leclerc escreveu:

> 2006/8/25, "Fabrício F. Kammer" <[hidden email]>:
>> If I use md5 I can't decrypt the text. In yours opnion what's the
>> indicate algorithm do make this?
>
> Hi Fabrício,
>
> Exact, (as stated in my first email) all "hash" algo like md5 can't be
> decoded. These are... hash! All "cipher" algo like blowfish/twofish,
> etc. can be encoded, stored, and later decoded provided you have the
> key.
>
> Any cipher algo will serve your needs. Since DCPCrypt has been ported
> (thank you Vincent, I did not know), all cipher (in DCPciphers tab)
> will do what you need. Pick the one(s) that fit your needs.
>
> See http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/DCPcrypt as given by
> Vincent.
>
> Best regards.

Re: encryption

"Fabrício F. Kammer"
Alexandre,

Do you know how can I use the DCP just in freepascal for prompt compilation?

I'm not using Lazarus.

Thanks again

Fabrício F. Kammer escreveu:

> Thanks Alexandre,
>
> I'll see it.
>
> Regards
>
> Fabrício
>
> Alexandre Leclerc escreveu:
>> 2006/8/25, "Fabrício F. Kammer" <[hidden email]>:
>>> If I use md5 I can't decrypt the text. In yours opnion what's the
>>> indicate algorithm do make this?
>>
>> Hi Fabrício,
>>
>> Exact, (as stated in my first email) all "hash" algo like md5 can't be
>> decoded. These are... hash! All "cipher" algo like blowfish/twofish,
>> etc. can be encoded, stored, and later decoded provided you have the
>> key.
>>
>> Any cipher algo will serve your needs. Since DCPCrypt has been ported
>> (thank you Vincent, I did not know), all cipher (in DCPciphers tab)
>> will do what you need. Pick the one(s) that fit your needs.
>>
>> See http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/DCPcrypt as given by
>> Vincent.
>>
>> Best regards.

Re: encryption

"Fabrício F. Kammer"
Alexandre,

I could use the DCP on fpc... I compiled all units.

Thanks

Fabrício

Fabrício F. Kammer escreveu:

> Alexandre,
>
> Do you know how can I use the DCP just in freepascal for prompt
> compilation?
>
> I'm not using Lazarus.
>
> Thanks again
>
> Fabrício F. Kammer escreveu:
>> Thanks Alexandre,
>>
>> I'll see it.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Fabrício
>>
>> Alexandre Leclerc escreveu:
>>>
>>> Hi Fabrício,
>>>
>>> Exact, (as stated in my first email) all "hash" algo like md5 can't be
>>> decoded. These are... hash! All "cipher" algo like blowfish/twofish,
>>> etc. can be encoded, stored, and later decoded provided you have the
>>> key.
>>>
>>> Any cipher algo will serve your needs. Since DCPCrypt has been ported
>>> (thank you Vincent, I did not know), all cipher (in DCPciphers tab)
>>> will do what you need. Pick the one(s) that fit your needs.
>>>
>>> See http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/DCPcrypt as given by
>>> Vincent.
>>>
>>> Best regards.

Re: encryption

Eugene Mayevski
Hello!
You ("Fabricio F. Kammer" [mailto:[hidden email]])
wrote about "[fpc-pascal] encryption" on 08/25/2006 at 17:56:

"F> Does anyone have a routine with example to encrypt/decrypt text files?

What exactly do you want to achieve by encryption? Security implemented
wrong is worse than no security at all.

SecureBlackbox (http://www.eldos.com/sbb/) is available for FPC btw

Sincerely yours,
Eugene Mayevski