delphi compatibility

John Lee-2
Just downloaded & tried to registry.pas - for accessing win registry. It
uses SysUtils, WinTypes, WinProcs, Messages, Classes,ShellAPI

My standard v242 fpc win compiler/rtl doesn't have these wintypes, winprocs or messages. Where are these & why aren't they there by default? Are they delphi?

John

.

Re: delphi compatibility

Matt Emson-2
Replace with just "Windows". Delphi hasn't had these since version 1.0 and they are aliased to that one Unit. No idea why they exist in the unit. In question also.... Very strange.

Sent from my iPhone 4

On 21 Apr 2011, at 17:22, John Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just downloaded & tried to registry.pas - for accessing win registry. It
> uses SysUtils, WinTypes, WinProcs, Messages, Classes,ShellAPI
>
> My standard v242 fpc win compiler/rtl doesn't have these wintypes, winprocs or messages. Where are these & why aren't they there by default? Are they delphi?
>
> John
>
> .

Re: delphi compatibility

In our previous episode, John Lee said:
> Just downloaded & tried to registry.pas - for accessing win registry. It
> uses SysUtils, WinTypes, WinProcs, Messages, Classes,ShellAPI
>
> My standard v242 fpc win compiler/rtl doesn't have these wintypes, winprocs
> or messages. Where are these & why aren't they there by default?

Nowhere.

> Are they delphi?

They are deprecated since D2, and substituted by unit Windows. Delphi has a
workaround for this to this day.

Since we never supported D1, we never implemented the workaround.

In short:

1) if the originating project doesn't still support D1 they should simply
clean this up.

2) if the originating project still supports D1: "IT IS 2011 NOW!"