db2 connection component

Bee-6
Dear all,

I'm currently trying to convert a Delphi database application which access an
IBM DB2 database server through dbExpress component, onto Lazarus (FPC). I think
the TxxxConnection database connection components have similar concept with
dbExpress technology.

But, the problem is I can't find TDB2Connection component. I've search the net
for similar solutions, but I got no luck. Since I know nothing about
low-level-database-driver-access, I need a ready-to-use component. I've tried
ZeosDB object, but it has tons of bugs in the DB2 connection class (thouhg it
pretty stable for mySQL and Firebird), so I think it's not ready for a
stable/reliable application.

So, is there anyone here has any URLs, refferences, custom components, or
anything which able to solve my problem? I'd really appreciate it.

For any kind of helps, I thank you in advance.

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at
http://beeography.blogsome.com

Re: db2 connection component

Paul Davidson
Mr. Bee, let me know if one turns up!
Thanks

On Dec 3, 2005, at 8:13, Bisma Jayadi wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm currently trying to convert a Delphi database application which
> access an IBM DB2 database server through dbExpress component, onto
> Lazarus (FPC). I think the TxxxConnection database connection
> components have similar concept with dbExpress technology.
>
> But, the problem is I can't find TDB2Connection component. I've search
> the net for similar solutions, but I got no luck. Since I know nothing
> about low-level-database-driver-access, I need a ready-to-use
> component. I've tried ZeosDB object, but it has tons of bugs in the
> DB2 connection class (thouhg it pretty stable for mySQL and Firebird),
> so I think it's not ready for a stable/reliable application.
>
> So, is there anyone here has any URLs, refferences, custom components,
> or anything which able to solve my problem? I'd really appreciate it.
>
> For any kind of helps, I thank you in advance.
>
> -Bee-
>
> has Bee.ography at
> http://beeography.blogsome.com

P Davidson