connection problem

Jesus Reyes
Hi, I'm experiencing connection problems to bugs.freepascal.org and
svn.freepascal.org.

prog@linux:~/temp> svn co
http://svn.freepascal.org/FPC/svn/lazarus/trunk l
svn: requerimiento PROPFIND falló en '/FPC/svn/lazarus/trunk'
svn: PROPFIND de '/FPC/svn/lazarus/trunk': 405 Method Not Allowed
(http://svn.freepascal.org)

prog@linux:~> ping bugs.freepascal.org
PING bugs.freepascal.org (x.x.x.x) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from cust198-202.dsl.versadsl.be (x.x.x.x): icmp_seq=1
ttl=40 time=358 ms
64 bytes from cust198-202.dsl.versadsl.be (x.x.x.x): icmp_seq=2
ttl=40 time=386 ms
64 bytes from cust198-202.dsl.versadsl.be (x.x.x.x): icmp_seq=3
ttl=40 time=539 ms

I tried at least since monday. Given absent of reports, and the bug
tracker notices in mail and CIA at IRC I suppose it's working, any
idea?

Jesus Reyes A.

Re: connection problem

José Mejuto
Hello Jesus,

JR> Hi, I'm experiencing connection problems to bugs.freepascal.org and
JR> svn.freepascal.org.

Same problem from Spain but no problem if I access (in browser mode)
using a proxy located in the United States :-? Maybe it is a carrier
problem :-?

Using my regular link I'm unable to get
http://svn.freepascal.org/feeds/fpcsvn.rss but using
http://www.lockproxy.info/ ,in example, I'm able to watch it.

I'm using "Telefonica Data" carrier. Trying to access using Ya.com
carrier no problem in accessing the feed, so it looks like a
Telefónica Data problem.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun

Re: connection problem

Jesus Reyes

Hi JoshyFun, thanks for your feedback.

--- JoshyFun <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Hello Jesus,
>
> Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 7:55:39 PM, you wrote:
>
> JR> Hi, I'm experiencing connection problems to bugs.freepascal.org
> and
> JR> svn.freepascal.org.
>
> Same problem from Spain but no problem if I access (in browser
> mode)
> using a proxy located in the United States :-? Maybe it is a
> carrier
> problem :-?

I asked to my ISP about this, they find effectively there is some
block but not from their part, I asked if they are sure they are not
blocking something and they "swear" they don't, so it must be
something else...

> Using my regular link I'm unable to get
> http://svn.freepascal.org/feeds/fpcsvn.rss but using
> http://www.lockproxy.info/ ,in example, I'm able to watch it.

Thanks for the hint.

Jesus Reyes A.

Re: connection problem

Florian Klämpfl
Jesus Reyes schrieb:
> Hi, I'm experiencing connection problems to bugs.freepascal.org and
> svn.freepascal.org.

If you don't need write access to svn, you can try svn2.freepascal.org

Re: connection problem

Damien Gerard

Le Mar 27, 2008 à 2:30 PM, [hidden email] a écrit :

> I am experiencing similar problems with the www.freepascal.org front
> page and svn checkout update - both just hang. It is ISP specific -
> my normal ones work fine, but I am staying away from home this week
> and my host's ISP won't connect.
> Colin
>
> Hi, I'm experiencing connection problems to bugs.freepascal.org and
> svn.freepascal.org.
>
> prog@linux:~/temp> svn co
> http://svn.freepascal.org/FPC/svn/lazarus/trunk l
> svn: requerimiento PROPFIND falló en '/FPC/svn/lazarus/trunk'
> svn: PROPFIND de '/FPC/svn/lazarus/trunk': 405 Method Not Allowed
> (http://svn.freepascal.org)

It looks like you're going through a transparent proxy blocking WebDAV
http requests (like PROPFIND)

--
Damien Gerard
[hidden email]

"Intelligence is 10 million rules."
    -- Douglas Lenat

Re: connection problem

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara-2
[hidden email] wrote:
> I am experiencing similar problems with the www.freepascal.org front page and svn checkout update - both just hang. It is ISP specific - my normal ones work fine, but I am staying away from home this week and my host's ISP won't connect.
> Colin
>
> Hi, I'm experiencing connection problems to bugs.freepascal.org and
> svn.freepascal.org.

I'm also having problems.

The curious is that in my Windows machine the problem occurs but not in
my Linux machine (both use the same connection)

No problems before.

Luiz

Re: connection problem

Jonas Maebe-2

On 27 Mar 2008, at 17:21, Luiz Americo Pereira Camara wrote:

>> I am experiencing similar problems with the www.freepascal.org
>> front page and svn checkout update - both just hang. It is ISP
>> specific - my normal ones work fine, but I am staying away from
>> home this week and my host's ISP won't connect.
>> Colin
>>
>> Hi, I'm experiencing connection problems to bugs.freepascal.org and
>> svn.freepascal.org.
>>

> I'm also having problems.
>
> The curious is that in my Windows machine the problem occurs but not
> in my Linux machine (both use the same connection)

Try following these instructions: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/5793
(but replace www.dslreports.com with www.freepascal.org in the
instructions)

Re: connection problem

You're using the wrong url. The correct one is http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk

Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 27 Mar 2008, at 17:21, Luiz Americo Pereira Camara wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, I'm experiencing connection problems to bugs.freepascal.org and
>>> svn.freepascal.org.
>>>

>> I'm also having problems.
>>
>> The curious is that in my Windows machine the problem occurs but not
>> in my Linux machine (both use the same connection)
>
> Try following these instructions: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/5793
> (but replace www.dslreports.com with www.freepascal.org in the
> instructions)

I followed the instructions, did the changes, but no luck.

Luiz

Re: connection problem

Jesus Reyes

Re[2]: connection problem

José Mejuto
Hello Jesus,

Saturday, March 29, 2008, 7:19:34 PM, you wrote:

JRA> For fpc repository I use
JRA> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk and it
JRA> doesn't work anyway, I don't get the PROPFIND problem though, after I type
JRA> svn update, the command doesn't do anything.

From my side it looks like a transparent proxy problem, so setting an
alternative port different then 80 may help. Maybe somebody that can
successfully access should dump the received http headers, maybe one
of them is confusing the transparent proxy :-?

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun

Re: connection problem

Marc Weustink
JoshyFun wrote:

> Hello Jesus,
>
> Saturday, March 29, 2008, 7:19:34 PM, you wrote:
>
> JRA> For fpc repository I use
> JRA> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk and it
> JRA> doesn't work anyway, I don't get the PROPFIND problem though, after I type
> JRA> svn update, the command doesn't do anything.
>
> From my side it looks like a transparent proxy problem, so setting an
> alternative port different then 80 may help. Maybe somebody that can
> successfully access should dump the received http headers, maybe one
> of them is confusing the transparent proxy :-?

We used to have port 8080 for this on svn. Don't know if this got
reinstalled after the last change.

Marc

Re[2]: connection problem

José Mejuto
Hello Marc,

MW> We used to have port 8080 for this on svn. Don't know if this got
MW> reinstalled after the last change.

No 8080 connectable from my location :( Anyway the transparent proxy
will handle the 8080 and 80 ports in the same way... quite sure.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun