compile DPR files

L-9

compile DPR files

L-9
I think fpc compiler should compile .dpr files without having to type
the extension.. me is lazy..

fpc prog

this compiles prog.pp but doesn't do prog.dpr ;-)

What do we think?

I can supply patch and work on it if you think it is useful.

p.s. I haven't checked, does fpc automatically compile .LPR files
without having to type extension?

One more thought.. some other braindamaged file extension
borland/codegear added recently... I forget what it is.. dpsj or some
hideous crap.

Re: compile DPR files

Arne Hanssen
L skrev:
> I think fpc compiler should compile .dpr files without having to type
> the extension.. me is lazy..
>
> fpc prog
>
> this compiles prog.pp but doesn't do prog.dpr ;-)
>
> What do we think?

Not answering your question, but if you really are lazy (and I'll you
are using Windows, having this problem - at least you are not using
Linux) add this to the registry:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor]
"CompletionChar"=dword:00000009
"DefaultColor"=dword:00000000
"EnableExtensions"=dword:00000001

(copy above text into a file, f.ex. 'CmdTab.reg' and execute).  This
will set the Tab key to behave somewhat smart so you can do this:

fpc p<Tab>
resulting into: fpc programname.dpr (or whatever)

Pressing <Tab> repeatedly vil cycle through all files starting on the
letter 'p' in case there are several.

--
Vennlig hilsen / Best regards      |\     ___,,--,        _
Arne Hanssen, Senja, Norway        /,`--''        \-,,__,'/

Re: compile DPR files

On 24/03/2008, L <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think fpc compiler should compile .dpr files without having to type
>  the extension.. me is lazy..
>
>  fpc prog
>
>  this compiles prog.pp but doesn't do prog.dpr ;-)

Like Arne said, use the Tab key completion feature. I don't know when
last I typed a full filename or directory name under Linux. I normally
type two or three characters and press the Tab key.  Me is lazy too...
 ;-)