a book about freepascal [off-topic]

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

a book about freepascal [off-topic]

Daniel Franzini
Hi

I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this but here it goes.

A brazilian publisher named Editora Erica (www.erica.com.br) published
a brand new book about introdutory computer programming with
FreePascal.

http://www.editoraerica.com.br/buscafinal.asp?cod=1369

A (possible) translation of the book's title is: Free Pascal -
Computer Programming - Basic Guide of Desgin and Programming on Linux,
MS-Windows and MS-DOS

One of the authors, Manzano, is a widely recognized book writter and
instructor of basic computer programming as well as operating systems
as Windows and office packages like ms-word and such. As far as i
remember, Manzano teaches at SENAI, a government-supported teaching
organization very popular in Brazil.

--
Daniel

"Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of
programs. Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a
computer what to do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human
beings what we want a computer to do." (Donald Knuth)

"Yes, technogeeks can be funny, even if only to each other."
(http://www.boogieonline.com/revolution/science/humor/)"

"Man is driven to create; I know I really love to create things. And
while I'm not good at painting, drawing, or music, I can write
software." (Yukihiro Matsumoto, a.k.a. ``Matz'')
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: a book about freepascal [off-topic]

michael.vancanneyt


On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Daniel Franzini wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this but here it goes.
>
> A brazilian publisher named Editora Erica (www.erica.com.br) published
> a brand new book about introdutory computer programming with
> FreePascal.
>
> http://www.editoraerica.com.br/buscafinal.asp?cod=1369
>
> A (possible) translation of the book's title is: Free Pascal -
> Computer Programming - Basic Guide of Desgin and Programming on Linux,
> MS-Windows and MS-DOS
>
> One of the authors, Manzano, is a widely recognized book writter and
> instructor of basic computer programming as well as operating systems
> as Windows and office packages like ms-word and such. As far as i
> remember, Manzano teaches at SENAI, a government-supported teaching
> organization very popular in Brazil.

Cool.
Recently a similar book appeared in Hungary. I bought it :)
I'll see if I can buy this one too :-)

Michael.
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: a book about freepascal [off-topic]

Daniel Franzini
well

i saw this on Saraiva Megastore, a HUGE book shop in a mall in Sao
Paulo...i'm not sure if they sell it on the internet AND if they can
deliver to outside Brazil....also, i'm not sure if the publisher can
do the same.....but i can buy one and send to you, if you prefer....

On 6/13/07, Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Daniel Franzini wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this but here it goes.
> >
> > A brazilian publisher named Editora Erica (www.erica.com.br) published
> > a brand new book about introdutory computer programming with
> > FreePascal.
> >
> > http://www.editoraerica.com.br/buscafinal.asp?cod=1369
> >
> > A (possible) translation of the book's title is: Free Pascal -
> > Computer Programming - Basic Guide of Desgin and Programming on Linux,
> > MS-Windows and MS-DOS
> >
> > One of the authors, Manzano, is a widely recognized book writter and
> > instructor of basic computer programming as well as operating systems
> > as Windows and office packages like ms-word and such. As far as i
> > remember, Manzano teaches at SENAI, a government-supported teaching
> > organization very popular in Brazil.
>
> Cool.
> Recently a similar book appeared in Hungary. I bought it :)
> I'll see if I can buy this one too :-)
>
> Michael.
> _______________________________________________
> fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
> http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
>


--
Daniel

"Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of
programs. Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a
computer what to do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human
beings what we want a computer to do." (Donald Knuth)

"Yes, technogeeks can be funny, even if only to each other."
(http://www.boogieonline.com/revolution/science/humor/)"

"Man is driven to create; I know I really love to create things. And
while I'm not good at painting, drawing, or music, I can write
software." (Yukihiro Matsumoto, a.k.a. ``Matz'')
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: a book about freepascal [off-topic]

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
I took a quick look at the website and they do ship world wide.

The only challenge would be understanding the portuguese on their
website. There doesn't seam to be an english version of the site.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: a book about freepascal [off-topic]

michael.vancanneyt


On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> I took a quick look at the website and they do ship world wide.
>
> The only challenge would be understanding the portuguese on their
> website. There doesn't seam to be an english version of the site.

I also discovered that :/

Michael.
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: a book about freepascal [off-topic]

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
You could send them an e-mail:  [hidden email]

I find almost impossible that noone there speaks english.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: a book about freepascal [off-topic]

Bugzilla from daniel.mantione@freepascal.org
In reply to this post by Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Op Wed, 13 Jun 2007, schreef Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho:

> I took a quick look at the website and they do ship world wide.
>
> The only challenge would be understanding the portuguese on their
> website. There doesn't seam to be an english version of the site.

I placed an order at their European distributor http://www.infobooks.pt; 
this seems the cheapest option until now. I got an an e-mail back in
Portugese for my full address information. I'm currently crafting a reply
with help of Systran's translator software. Let's see :)

Daniël
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: a book about freepascal [off-topic]

Francisco Reyes-2
Daniël Mantione writes:

> I placed an order at their European distributor http://www.infobooks.pt; 
> this seems the cheapest option until now. I got an an e-mail back in
> Portugese for my full address information. I'm currently crafting a reply
> with help of Systran's translator software. Let's see :)

I have two co-workers taht speak portuguese. If you like email me the
english and I will get you the translated version. :-)
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: a book about freepascal [off-topic]

etrusco
There are many Portuguese speakers in the list that certainly will be
glad to help too ;-)

Best regards,
Flávio (from Brazil)


On 6/18/07, Francisco Reyes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Daniël Mantione writes:
>
> > I placed an order at their European distributor http://www.infobooks.pt;
> > this seems the cheapest option until now. I got an an e-mail back in
> > Portugese for my full address information. I'm currently crafting a reply
> > with help of Systran's translator software. Let's see :)
>
> I have two co-workers taht speak portuguese. If you like email me the
> english and I will get you the translated version. :-)
> _______________________________________________
> fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
> http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
>
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: a book about freepascal [off-topic]

Joao Morais
Flávio Etrusco wrote:
> There are many Portuguese speakers in the list that certainly will be
> glad to help too ;-)
>
> Best regards,
> Flávio (from Brazil)

Yup. I have started a thread in the Lazarus mailing list where only
PT-BRs participated. =)

--
Joao Morais
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal