XMLcfg question

Darius Blaszyk
I'm working with XMLcfg to do read and write to XML files. I want to
extract data from the following XML file where element name is "second",
how can I achieve that??

Darius

<CONFIG>
  <mydat name="test">
    <details name="details">

       <element name="first">
          <description>second description</description>
      </element>

       <element name="second">
          <description>second description</description>
      </element>

      </details>
  </mydat>
  </CONFIG>

Re: XMLcfg question

Sebastian Günther
[hidden email] schrieb:
> I'm working with XMLcfg to do read and write to XML files. I want to
> extract data from the following XML file where element name is "second",
> how can I achieve that??

You cannot.

Perhaps the XPath implementation can fulfil your requirements better.

- Sebastian

Re: XMLcfg question

Thomas Zastrow
Sebastian Günther wrote:

>[hidden email] schrieb:
>

>>I'm working with XMLcfg to do read and write to XML files. I want to
>>extract data from the following XML file where element name is "second",
>>how can I achieve that??
>>

>You cannot.
>
>Perhaps the XPath implementation can fulfil your requirements better.

You mean xpath.pp??? Hu, haven't seen that yet ... are there any
documentation / examples for using XPath?

Greetings,

Tom

Re: XMLcfg question

Sebastian Günther
Thomas Zastrow schrieb:

> You mean xpath.pp???

yes

> Hu, haven't seen that yet ... are there any
> documentation / examples for using XPath?

not really, as it follows the official W3C specification quite closely

Regards,
Sebastian