Writeln in embedded systems

Carsten Bager
I have been experimenting with compiling to an embedded
ARM platform I succeeded in compiling with a minimum
system unit.
Now the ARM processor can blink with a LED.
I then tried to put in a Writeln just to se what library modules
there was missing. I then get this error:
(I want to connect a display)
-----------
Hint: End of reading config file fpc.cfg
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.0.0 [2005/05/15] for arm
Copyright (c) 1993-2005 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for ARM
Compiling led.pas
led.pas(33,3) Fatal: Internal error 200107271
led.pas(33,3) Error: Compilation aborted
--------

Line 33 is the line where I have written "WriteLn('TEST');"

Dos anyone have a hint about what I should do next.

Regards
Carsten

--
Carsten Bager
Bøvlingbjerg El-automatik

Re: Writeln in embedded systems

Jonas Maebe

On 15 aug 2005, at 15:06, Carsten Bager wrote:

> I have been experimenting with compiling to an embedded
> ARM platform I succeeded in compiling with a minimum
> system unit.
> Now the ARM processor can blink with a LED.
> I then tried to put in a Writeln just to se what library modules
> there was missing. I then get this error:
> (I want to connect a display)
> -----------
> Hint: End of reading config file fpc.cfg
> Free Pascal Compiler version 2.0.0 [2005/05/15] for arm
> Copyright (c) 1993-2005 by Florian Klaempfl
> Target OS: Linux for ARM
> Compiling led.pas
> led.pas(33,3) Fatal: Internal error 200107271
> led.pas(33,3) Error: Compilation aborted
> --------
>
> Line 33 is the line where I have written "WriteLn('TEST');"
>
> Dos anyone have a hint about what I should do next.

Add the writeln helpers (FPC_WRITE_*) to your system unit. See rtl/
inc/text.inc

Re: Writeln in embedded systems

LanceKalp
LED Strips. You can get them in a variety of off the shelf colours their flexible so you can mold them around curves and corners. They don't break when someone jams a case of Bud up against them. and they're easy to wire. Check out the Mode 55-7000 series of LED strips.
Source(s):
led strips 12v
flexible led strip light
T5 LED Tube supplier