WinSock

Bob Richards-2

Can someone point me to the documentation for the winsock unit? It doesn't appear to exist
in the html docs, nor in the pdf doc either. A google search turned up nothing. The unit
exists in the source tree, I have it installed, but where is the doc??

I have fpc-2.0.2 running on Linux, and have the complete lib/units/i-386-win32 library as
well. In the windows rtl directory there are other units, besides winsock; like windows,
wincrt, winevent, winmouse .... Where are the docs for these??

TIA

Bob

Re: WinSock

Tony Pelton
On 3/15/06, Bob Richards <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have fpc-2.0.2 running on Linux

WinSock = "Windows Sockets" <> Linux Sockets ?

You might want to look at some of the abstraction libs available, such
as Synapse.

also, and i'm not sure about this, as i've been meaning to ask, but i
think the stuff in the "Sockets" unit is meant to be a cross platform
sockets API ?

anyone know about this ?

i'm going to be doing some (hopefully) cross platform socket stuff soon.

> Bob

Tony

--
X-SA user ? 0.5.1 is out !
XData 0.1 for X-SA is out !

Re: WinSock

Hans Mårtensson-2
Tony Pelton wrote:

>also, and i'm not sure about this, as i've been meaning to ask, but i
>think the stuff in the "Sockets" unit is meant to be a cross platform
>sockets API ?
>
>anyone know about this ?
>
>i'm going to be doing some (hopefully) cross platform socket stuff soon.

I did some socket programming on win32 recently and also first looked at
the Sockets unit.
I think that you are right that this unit is meant to be a cross
platform unit. But I found that it didn't work on win32, may be be
hasn't been finished yet. So I used the Winsock unit, which makes it
possible to call the win32 API's as documented by microsoft.

Hans Mårtensson