Which FPU instruction sets are really implemented?

Which FPU instruction sets are really implemented?

josepascual (almudi)
This is the FPU instruction sets for ppcrossarm -i (version 2.1.4)

===============================
Supported FPU instruction sets:
  SOFT
  LIBGCC
  FPA
  FPA10
  FPA11
  VFP
===============================

Which are implemented?
which meas LIBGCC? all floatpoint operation are executed in libgcc?

thanks,

Jose Pascual

RE: Which FPU instruction sets are really implemented?

josepascual (almudi)
Any comment?
Anyone know something about it?
Is only SOFT FPU instruction sets working?

Henry Vermaak
On 12/07/07, josepascual <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Any comment?
> Anyone know something about it?
> Is only SOFT FPU instruction sets working?

nope, fpa must be working, since some people are using it.  i don't
know the intricacies of the different fpa implementations, though.

> > This is the FPU instruction sets for ppcrossarm -i (version 2.1.4)
> >
> > ===============================
> > Supported FPU instruction sets:
> >   SOFT
> >   LIBGCC
> >   FPA
> >   FPA10
> >   FPA11
> >   VFP
> >
> > Which are implemented?
> > which meas LIBGCC? all floatpoint operation are executed in libgcc?

libgcc can do the floating point calculations for you, but this has
never worked for me.  presumably you need to link to a c library and
pass the float operations on to it - can anyone comment if this is
worth it or will ever be implemented?

> > thanks,
> >

> > Jose Pascual

henry