Where to download OpenSSL (for windows 64 bit) that is used by fphttpclient

Where to download OpenSSL (for windows 64 bit) that is used by fphttpclient

Dennis
According to http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/fphttpclient, I need the
openssl library if I want to use fphttpclient for https://www.yahoo.com/

 From the wiki, it went to https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Binaries
for the binary dll but I tried the link https://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/  in
the wiki and it did not work.

Anyone with a successful experience can give me a direct url for the
openssl dll?

By the way, for those zip files I tried, although they are named
xxx-win64, the dll contained in them are named ssleay32.dll and
libeay32.dll.
Is that normal for a win64 bit dll to be named xxx32.dll?

Dennis

Re: Where to download OpenSSL (for windows 64 bit) that is used by fphttpclient

Alexander Grotewohl
IIRC I used these: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/openssl.htm

Not sure about the file naming, but just put the .dll files in the same
directory as your executable. You'll know pretty quick if it works :)

rvk

On 18-04-2018 18:57, Dennis wrote:
> From the wiki, it went to https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Binaries
> for the binary dll but I tried the link https://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/  in
> the wiki and it did not work.
Why didn't the fulgan.com link work for you?? It should.
Note: You can also use http (i.e. http://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/) for the
fulgan link (because otherwise you couldn't download it automatically
with your program because you need OpenSSL to download via https ;)

> Anyone with a successful experience can give me a direct url for the
> openssl dll?
Try to figure out why the fulgan-link doesn't work.

> By the way, for those zip files I tried, although they are named
> xxx-win64, the dll contained in them are named ssleay32.dll and
> libeay32.dll.
> Is that normal for a win64 bit dll to be named xxx32.dll?
Yes, this is normal.

It's the same with the fact that system32 in C:\Windows has 64 bit DLLs
and SysWOW64 has the 32 bit DLLs on a 64 bit OS machine.

Some background about the naming:
https://www.sepago.com/blog/2008/04/20/windows-x64-all-the-same-yet-very-different-part-7-file-system-and-registry

Rik