Where's my OSX window dressing?

bruce
I'm new to OSX so bear with me. Something has changed but I can't tell
what. The consequence is that my Lazarus/FPC generated OSX applications
are now missing their "window dressing"?

It's like the OSX window manager has gone AWOL when I run my Lazarus
apps. That is, the apps run fine but they run without a window title and
they are located under the desktop menu, top left of the screen, from
where they cannot be relocated.

What's missing? What am I doing differently? How does Lazarus/FPC manage
this stuff apropos the OSX window manager? I've done a clean rebuild
thinking there may be something wrong with the Application Bundle
previously created by Lazarus but recreating it does not seem to make
any difference.

Cheers, Bruce.

Re: Where's my OSX window dressing?

bruce
Okay, sorted. I had inadvertently relocated the application's main form
design position to 0,0 and it was specified to appear at Form.Position
poDefault which seems to mean the design location. I've changed the
Form.Position to poDesktopCenter and it works okay now.

What puzzles me is that OSX allows an application to appear such that
its title bar is hidden by the desktop menu bar but does not seem to
provide an easy way to then relocate the window to a new position.

I'm clearly a Mac newbie, what am I missing?

Cheers, Bruce.

On 08/11/11 16:08, Bruce Tulloch wrote:

> I'm new to OSX so bear with me. Something has changed but I can't tell
> what. The consequence is that my Lazarus/FPC generated OSX applications
> are now missing their "window dressing"?
>
> It's like the OSX window manager has gone AWOL when I run my Lazarus
> apps. That is, the apps run fine but they run without a window title and
> they are located under the desktop menu, top left of the screen, from
> where they cannot be relocated.
>
> What's missing? What am I doing differently? How does Lazarus/FPC manage
> this stuff apropos the OSX window manager? I've done a clean rebuild
> thinking there may be something wrong with the Application Bundle
> previously created by Lazarus but recreating it does not seem to make
> any difference.
>
> Cheers, Bruce.

Re: Where's my OSX window dressing?

Jonas Maebe-2

On 11 Aug 2011, at 08:23, Bruce Tulloch wrote:

> What puzzles me is that OSX allows an application to appear such that
> its title bar is hidden by the desktop menu bar but does not seem to
> provide an easy way to then relocate the window to a new position.
>
> I'm clearly a Mac newbie, what am I missing?

I guess it's a way to allow applications to emulate fullscreen-with-a-
menu-bar behaviour.