Web application framework in Free Pascal

Web application framework in Free Pascal

Free Pascal - General mailing list
Hi, everyone

I just want to announce web application framework that I am developing, in case anyone interested.

Re: Web application framework in Free Pascal

Free Pascal - General mailing list
Thanks for the link, looks really good and I will try it out for sure as soon as possible!

Best regards,
Marc

--
Jabber: [hidden email]
Support the Free Software Foundation! https://my.fsf.org/donate

Am Mi., 13. Feb. 2019, 07:06 hat Zamrony P. Juhara via fpc-pascal <[hidden email]> geschrieben:
Hi, everyone

I just want to announce web application framework that I am developing, in case anyone interested.

Re: Web application framework in Free Pascal

Michael Schnell

(Wat actually is a Web application framework ?)

What GUI designer is used for creating an “active” web page ?

What communication channel is used to link server code to the Browser widgets ?

Can part of the application run in the Browser via Pas2js or WebAssemby ?

-Michael

Re: Web application framework in Free Pascal

Anthony Walter-3
Your documentation looks good, along with the examples, instructions, and general site aesthetics. Beyond providing your own mechanism for implementing a pascal based CGI wrapper, what functionality does or do you plan to expose? That is, what do you imagine doing with it aside from the normal CGI stuff?

Re: Web application framework in Free Pascal

Free Pascal - General mailing list
If you read roadmap section in readme file, I plan to add functionality to support not only CGI, but also FastCGI and as standalone http server (similar to Node.js + Express).

After found out about

which is interesting to me, I am considering to create sofware layer to use Prack.

The motivation behind development of this framework basically a personal research to answer my own curiosity.

What is gain in performance compared to other programming language, for example, PHP-based framework?

I used PHP-based (Slim, Phalcon, Laravel) and Javascript-based (Express) framework in my day job. this framework drew inspiration from those existing frameworks.

And of course it is not production-ready. I would advise you not to use it in production setup.

Zamrony P. Juhara

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 4:04, Anthony Walter