Warning: "crti.o" and "crtn.o" not found

Warning: "crti.o" and "crtn.o" not found

Anthony Walter-3
What is causing warnings for "crti.o" and "crtn.o" as described below?

I just got the latest fpc and lazarus from svn, and after build everything I wrote a "Hello World" Gtk2 test project on Ubuntu 12.04 (32 bit) with the following messages ...

Options changed, recompiling clean with -B
hello.lpr(20,1) Warning: "crti.o" not found, this will probably cause a linking failure
hello.lpr(20,1) Warning: "crtn.o" not found, this will probably cause a linking failure
Project "hello" successfully built

Curious
TIA

Re: Warning: "crti.o" and "crtn.o" not found

Tomas Hajny-2
On Thu, March 28, 2013 15:30, Anthony Walter wrote:

> What is causing warnings for "crti.o" and "crtn.o" as described below?
>
> I just got the latest fpc and lazarus from svn, and after build everything
> I wrote a "Hello World" Gtk2 test project on Ubuntu 12.04 (32 bit) with
> the
> following messages ...
>
> Options changed, recompiling clean with -B
> hello.lpr(20,1) Warning: "crti.o" not found, this will probably cause a
> linking failure
> hello.lpr(20,1) Warning: "crtn.o" not found, this will probably cause a
> linking failure
> Project "hello" successfully built

What about providing information on contents of your hello.lpr? It might
shed some light on why crti.o and crtn.o are considered as required by the
compiler (although in the end they are not needed for linking
apparently?).

Tomas

Re: Warning: "crti.o" and "crtn.o" not found

leledumbo
Administrator

In our previous episode, Anthony Walter said:
> What is causing warnings for "crti.o" and "crtn.o" as described below?

The fact that they don't exist :-)

Which in turn is probably due to the fact that the system hasn't been
prepared for C development, and you are linking to C libs.

Probably you need the relevant base library for C development for your
distribution.